Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone with some common sense at VW please make a command decision and get my windshield replaced under warranty? VW customer service so far has been atrocious. Buying this car has been the worst decision I have ever made.

Respond for details.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a ton of scratches in my windshield, going this saturday to have them look at it. salesman said he sees no reason for it to not be replaced under warranty. so, i'l let ya know what happens.

·
Registered
142 Posts
might I ask whats the issue with your windshield?

also, just cuz a particular dealership (or perhaps it is VW doing it) pisses you off, doesn't mean it was the worst buy ever. I myself couldn't be happier with my rabbit (ok, so the C2 turbo kit and body mods i want, and , ack! im rambling again!)

edit: just a small update, went to VW of west hartford today, they're gonna call me monday to let me know when the new windshield will be in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It developed a crack down in the corner which has now spread across the entire windshield. So how did yours get scratched?

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
Radunn, sounds like a stress crack to me. if there was no damage to it and it cracked from an edge, it sounds like it could be covered. Then again if you have glass coverage insurance with no deductable, you can use that too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If there's no surface impact, it sounds like a factory defect or previous replacement. Anytime glass cracks that means there's stress, but usually it does it because the surface tension was broken by a rock. If it comes from the edge, usually it was either replaced incorrectly or there was a defect from the factory (much less common). I'd guess the thing was replaced before you got it and they tried to pass it off as a factory seal.

As far as scratches go, clean your wipers more... and don't wash the windshield with abrasives or scrape ice off with your license plate. ;) FYI if they won't replace it there are companies who can polish those scratches out, my company does it in certain cities. PM me for info if you want to find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts