Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please offer fog lights as either a factory, port, or dealer installed option. It is a shame that a European designed/built vehicle in this class does not have them...especially with their emphasis on safety.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
I agree. Also the GTI is too expensive of an option if we want fogs. The jetta 2.5 comes with them, and so should we.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
not the money is the issue here

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Well for 300 bucks you can add them yourself. (Still a lot cheaper than a GTI)
But you also will be a bootleg install. The kit sold from oempl.us will not plug & play with a euroswitch without some modification.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Wow i don't know wtf I was thinking when I typed that up. Let's try that again...

"Without some modification to the wiring and the addition of a relay the fog lights from OEMPL.US will not just plug & play. You will also not hook them up to the CECM so you cannot run them as DRLs."

·
Registered
284 Posts
"Without some modification to the wiring and the addition of a relay the fog lights from OEMPL.US will not just plug & play. You will also not hook them up to the CECM so you cannot run them as DRLs."
If you have a high-line CECM and a Euroswitch, they plug and play -- and yes, Virginia, you CAN run them as DRLs that way.

Just like OEM. But yeah, VW, why not Fogs in the Rabbits?

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, would you do it? Mine is a 2 dr '07 United Gray. I've seen pics of others who have installed and used other parts, but their installation looks so complex. This kit looks easy, only thing doesn't come with the Euro light switch. a later add on, maybe?

Would love to hear some advice....

Thanks!

·
Registered
607 Posts
So, would you do it? Mine is a 2 dr '07 United Gray. I've seen pics of others who have installed and used other parts, but their installation looks so complex. This kit looks easy, only thing doesn't come with the Euro light switch. a later add on, maybe?

Would love to hear some advice....

Thanks!

You dont need the Euro light switch that just baisically turns off and on yoru DRL and or fog's would be easier to VAG the thing i belive

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Canada, I already have day time lights from vw, I cant seem to find any fogs that fit my Rabbit like factory, where can I get 300.00 fogs? Thanks, R

·
Registered
366 Posts
not too rub it in, but i have factory fogs......so you gotta think that there is replacment fogs available....if i was to ever break one......

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was at my dealership in Wichita KS about 2 weeks ago gettin a recall fixed (something about the headlight clips???) and I was sitting in the waiting room looking through pamphlets of accessories when I came across a pamphlet of accessories specifically for the Rabbit. I looked and it was selling OEM dealer installed fogs. IDK if they put out the pamphlets early or if someone was just playing a joke but they were definitely there. It kind of makes me wonder that nitro or kiser havent heard of them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts