Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually change my own oil in my cars but heck everything's covered so why not bring it in for its first service right? Well my first service on my 2011 Jetta TDI included VW doing 3 recalls, tire rotation, and a nice car wash. Trouble was as soon as I got home I checked the oil just to make sure the level was OK and to my surprise the oil was black and dirty. The oil filter housing still had a light coat of dirt on it and was also never removed. Yet my car had an oil change sticker on it. Called the dealer and asked if the oil was actually changed and they said yes... Told them my findings and they set up an appointment for me to bring the car back in. Then they said to make me feel at ease they would change the oil again for me and I could watch them. Well I got home this time and checked the oil and YES.. nice and clean. You could also tell the filter housing had been removed. All I'm saying is double check these things... I guess my first "free" oil change actually didn't cost my dealership anything either.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts