Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a front sway bar for my 81caddy but want to make sure I install it correctly. Does any one have any photos or information on installation? Is there a hole missing in my control arms for it to bolt on. Again any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou.

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
If your lower control arms are Original then you may be missing the holes. On the Cabriolets replacements I have gotten they are there.

You have to remember that the Cabriolets were made in Germany and imported where as the 81 Caddy was Westy built, and I can't remember if my 81 Westy Rabbit had the holes or not.

There are 2 holes in the front lower control arms to bolt the bushing and cover.

Here is one that I had a broken strap on but used a SS u-bolt.

Sorry for the delay, been computerless for a few.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to add to this ... if I want to change both control arms at the same time where would you recommend putting the jack stands?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
I use the pinch welds on the lower frame as they are the Jacking point for the car. I also use the control arm rear mounts, but alas you are limited to the Pinch welds. If you have a Automatic transmission you have to remove the drivers side Transmission through bolt and jack the engine up to remove the Drivers side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts