Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello brothers, I'm new to the forum, I always read post but never posted anything, this is actually my first time posting, I have a similar problem with my wife mk4 2006 golf, I'm earring a grinding sound when ever the wheels are turning, I pay a mechanic to change the wheel bearing because they told me that both bearing went bad, it was a terrible sound at first but since the mechanic change the wheel bearing we only eating that grinding sound, the tires are brand new and I took it to the dealer to do the alignment, the symptoms are just like the first post, any help would be greatly appreciated......., thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Funny noise upfront when wheels are moving

I'll record it as soon as possible, I never got a chance to donut this afternoon because I went to bed to this afternoon to go to work tonight, I work two jobs, I'll try my best to see if I can do it tomorrow in the afternoon when i come home from work.

·
Super Moderator
10,616 Posts
Re: Funny noise upfront when wheels are moving

Could be but not limited to.
Bad Caliper, Warped rotor
Bad anti rattle clips
Missing bolts or loose caliper mount bolts.
Bad CV joint
Brake dust shield rubbing on the rotor
as well as any of the above.

Moving this thread to the mk4 forum as there may be something else that a mk4 owner knows about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for helping Briano and Dubsy, I think the sound is coming from the tranny, I remember jacking up the car once before and when I put the car in drive and the wheel start rooling I was listening to the sound and it sound like it was coming from the tranny, I'm going to check the mk4 forum aswell and see if anyone has the same problem, thanks a lot for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts