Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I recently got a 1980 scirocco with a 1990 g60 motor and everything in it. Ive been fixing mostly the braking system now i want to get it running properly. My issue is when ever i rev the car it will dip severly past idle and then find the idle and if i rev it past 2k it will drop so low it stalls. i have read about 100 posts and starrting to understand more but when i unplug the blue temp sensor the car immediately stalls when its warm or cold. There is an exhaust leak before the o2 sensor(ill be working on that today) and it has old fuel in the system (old 93 with sea foam). wondering about any advice to figure out how to get her to be my daily driver.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More information
*Unplugged the o2 and it made no difference in how it was acting
*changed the fuel to 87 brand new had in a jug and seems to be the same if not worse
*the vac line to the ecu is good i unplugged it and the car started to mess up plug it back it run like it was
*Each time i give it gas and hold my foot lets say i rev to 2k and hold when it hits 2k it drops to like 1200 and if i push harder i can get it too stay at 2k and if i let it back to where my foot was for 1200 it stays there and when i let off all together it stalls
*also idle is slightly below 1k
would this be an issue with the timing and the idle? if so how do i time it because i cant unplug the blue temp sensor without the car dying

1 - 2 of 2 Posts