Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you sell it and they return for additional, you'll earn larger employee bonuses, claims General Motors North America president Mark Reuss. Effective right away, worker bonuses will in part be contingent upon the owner dedication engendered.

Learn how to purchase new car from General Motors.

Selling more to them

GM North America president Mark Reuss has determined that a part of the bonus pay for over 29,000 United States employees will be contingent upon return sales and after-sales service at dealerships. Reuss told the automotive press that this is the first time not only in his 26-year career, but likely the first time in General Motors' history that worker rewards have been paid out in this way.

"That is the ultimate result of why we're doing all of this, right? People come back and buy our cars and trucks," Reuss told Automotive News.

Getting consumers to return

Reuss’ plan is to get everybody to focus on customer dedication. This should be able to bring together different departments in the car maker that is not able to hit their goals. Reuss believes that every person will be able to work together and increase business at General Motors with the common goal. In the past, there were barriers between divisions that made it possible for one department to reach its goals while the rest were left behind and overall success was lost.

"Everybody had their own metrics, which somehow were all green," he said of the old General Motors. "But, weirdly, when we added it up, it was pretty red."

Reuss expects that GM will change the way it does business with customers in the future due to this incentive program. It is unknown how much cash workers will be getting in rewards from General Motors.

A checklist at Chevy

Last month, Reuss tasked GM consumer experience czar Alicia Boler-Davis with numerous brand new vehicle-quality duties. Boler-Davis will have oversight of the quality of GM vehicles coming off the assembly line and consumer satisfaction with dealership service. Reuss believes that these areas will contribute greatly to GM's consumer loyalty, so much so that General Motors brands have already adopted specific metrics. Chevrolet has a detailed checklist to inform its policies, and Cadillac dealers have received advanced training in providing customers with the most luxurious auto-buying experience possible.

Have bad credit and need a car? Click here.

A ton of sales

To be able to make sure GM will earn top marks in the industry in the next couple of years for customer service, Reuss will make sure managers are working closely with dealerships as part of the General Motors North American sales force dedication goals. A brand new call center was produced on the local level for customer loyalty from GM by Duane Paddock, owner of a new York Chevrolet dealership. These effects have been felt everywhere.

"Five years ago, if I were to call my zone manager, all he'd try to do is sell me something I didn't need,” said Paddock.

Sources

Automotive News
Glass Door
Huffington Post

1 - 1 of 1 Posts