Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just bought a mk3 golf cab. I have a 5 channel DLS RA50 and Focal 3 way components. I have put the components in the front.
The amp is on the back of the back seats but I'm just wondering if a sub will work in the boot. Will I need to drill any holes or anything to hear it? I was planning on buying a diamond 12" but will wait to see what people think.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,

as an big sound fan i can say no you wont have to drill holes, yes it will work but you cannot expect hive db readings or good sound pressure as the soft top would abbsorb allot of the presure and sound, i would advise you to fit a 12" or even beter 2x12" if you dont need te boot space... for one 12" go for a woofer with bigger edges with larger excortion as it will create alot more spl, this will allow you to hear and feel te sound better even with the to down. but also be sure not to under power the woofer as it would be a futile effort then and you might just have to replace the amp in a short while, if i can i'll refer the targa woofer range with xtc m7 amps as they are cheeaper but still good value for money

1 - 2 of 2 Posts