Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

Golf GTi Mk6 2009 2.0 TSI 70k Engine Compression

Tags
golf gti mk6
2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  junski83 
#1 ·
Looking for some help?.. I drove my car to work, left it in the car park for a few hours, returned to the car and it wouldnt start, there was no funny noises just the sound of the car trying to start. Tried to jump the car but no joy, pushed down a hill to try getting it going but nothing. RAC Roadside came to inpsect advised that there was no compression on the engine checked with gauge, suspect timing chain will need rechecked to confirm problem.

Took the car to my local garage who confirmed no compression but didnt want anything to do with it. I have been advised many different things from different people. Strip the engine down to check for bent valves, replace the chain tensioner and possibly a new chain,damged seals, get a second hand head etc etc. The car is on finance and im paying for a car that hasnt moved in months.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and can advise the best way to go with this as most garages wont take on a job this big apart from VW who will charge a small fortune. The car is is excellent condition apart from this and has been sat in my drive wasting away. Im not very clued up with car and looking for some advice. Let me know if you need any further details about the car, Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.