Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My old olympus wont do the job anymore, even though it has a load of features its just not it anymore.

Anyone know of any good cameras under like $350

·
Registered
321 Posts
Canon Powershot IS1100

Made in Japan

Great point and shoot.

All you can ask for.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
forget the point and shoots, save money and get a DSLR

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, ok

i have an olympus sp-700 anyone had any experiances?

i did... its the best camera i've ever bought between samsung and panasonic

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Unless you really have the desire to learn to use it, a P+S will work better than a DSLR. As soon as you put a DSLR into Auto mode, it's just the same as anything else. Plus it's not convenient to carry around.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
^^ exactly... i have the Canon S5 IS P+S, it is a little bulky, but waaaay easier to carry around than my rebel, plus it has a 12x optical zoom that compresses back to nothing when you shut it off...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Plenty of good P+S cameras out there pavlo- check out dpreview.com and browse the reviews and the forums.

There are SOO many to choose from. There are a ton of true point and shoots, with very little features. There are also many that fall into the "Compact Camera" category - and they have all of the same features an SLR would except for a removable lens of course. You need to think about what you want in a camera. If you don't know, then just go buy any Cannon, Olympus, Panasonic, Nikon, or Fuji and you'll be fine.

Don't get hung up on the whole mega pixel thing. So many people are all too concerned about "megapixels". "how many megapixels is it..." is the first thing I hear a lot of people ask. It's the first sign that they don't know what they're talking about. It doesn't matter a whole lot. Don't pass on a 6mp camera because you think a 12 will be better, unless your goal is to PRINT poster sized images all the time.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill stick with my olympus sp-700 for now. then when i go down to florida ill see what happens

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm going to second this comment. If you really like taking nice pictures that you'd want to hang on your wall, the money/effort/pain of acquiring and learning to use a dSLR is well worth it. I just got an XSi - the things I can do with this thing! And the possibilities are endless if you consider the different lens options.

It's always nice to have a P&S on the side. I suggest the Canon Powershot G10 - it will give you amazing pictures, especially if you learn the manual modes.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...... not enough money to buy a good new camera...

i should stop making these threads if im not going to buy things like that.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I have a Olympus Sp-510 UZ, one of the best cameras ever made. I would say 4k+ pictures taken, over 10hrs of video, and been halfway around the world. And it still looks and performs the way it came out of the box, 3 years ago. You can probably find one for around 100$ off of eBay or something.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Olympus uz750 is a great camera if u want something with 20x optical zoom

Otherwise pocket size right now samsung tl34hd is proubly the best point in shoot out in the market right now 14.7 megapixels and hd video recording,sneider lens (german made)28mm wide angle

I work for samsung :)

They are gonna be bigger then nikon and canon just like they are with their tvs..they really wanna focus on the camera market

1 - 18 of 18 Posts