Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Alltrack with about 20,000 miles. It started shifting really hard recently. It reminds me of the problem (recall or advisory) I had with my 200s Golf (Rabbit). Sometimes it shifts hard, sometimes when I try to speed up quickly it hesitates between first and second gear. That hesitation lasted almost a second today when I was trying to get through an intersection quickly. I thought I was going to get crushed.

Has anyone seen this? Is it similar to the problem with the 2006s? It doesn't happen every time and I'm afraid that my local dealer isn't going to believe me and try to get out of their warranty responsibly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I have a 2019 Golf Alltrack with about 29,000 miles. Manual transmission. Started noticing shifting issues at the end of August. Mainly having issues shifting gears into 1,2 or 3 and even 4 especially when I'm accelerating. Issue is with shifting up or down. It gets stuck and it is very hard to get it into gear. More apprently with gears 1-4. Issue with 4-6 as well but its worst with 1-3.
I can reverse without issues. If the car is stationary, I can shift up 1-6 and back down with no problem. Issue is consistent for most part but there is the ocassion that shifting into the gear will work. It seems it is most difficult when rpm is past 20. If below, still not smooth but not as stuck. I have driven a manual most of my life and never ran into this issue.

@FourthVW , I hear you about the hesitation when trying to get through an intersection and not able to move into the appropriate gear. May I ask what the current status is with the issue you had early this year in March? Thanks.

Would appreciate any feedback whether this is a possible transmission related issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts