Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
First pic is properly exposed, the other two are overexposed... should be one under and one over... the source images are purplish and hazy, which doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
What DJ means is take the same picture with -2.0EV, 0EV and 2.0EV. That way you have an underexposed pic (very dark), normal exposure, and overexposed (very light) then merge those three.

What program do you use to merge them?

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
What DJ means is take the same picture with -2.0EV, 0EV and 2.0EV. That way you have an underexposed pic (very dark), normal exposure, and overexposed (very light) then merge those three.
What he said! You need three differently exposed photos in order for HDR to work properly. You should also use a tripod so each photo is identical except for the exposure. Any sort of movement on your part will show in the combined pictures.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
oh great, more reading

The intention of HDRI is to accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes ranging from direct sunlight to shadows.
for more idiots like me.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
oh great, more reading

The intention of HDRI is to accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes ranging from direct sunlight to shadows.
for more idiots like me.
Many photographers use HDR to improve their photos. It's not a process for "idiots". Sometimes there are difficult lighting situations and there is no way to expose every part of a photo correctly, this is where HDR helps.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i meant idiots who dont understand hdr lol... i'll take some shots around tomorrow night and i'll compare

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, ok i see what you mean. Well i only use photomatix because tahts the only thing i have and its free.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Use Photomatix Pro 3 - you should be able to get it ;). That's what I use. But yeah, do +1, 0, -1. And use a tripod and the self timer.

Use the self timer so that the camera doesn't move when you push the button. It *will* move, even on a tripod, so do that so you don't have to touch it and it stays in the same place.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my camera is bad. I have to change exposures manually. Or i just dont know how to do it automatically.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Look for an AEB, Bracketing, Autobracket, etc mode. If not, it's cool, just change them manually. But I still highly recommend getting a tripod. They're like $20 at Walmart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts