Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a 2021 Tiguan and was happy to see VW has started supporting wireless Android Auto. My questions are, how well does this functionality work? Does the phone stay connected? Can I charge my phone at the same time I'm using Android Auto. Reason I'm coming to this forum is the VW sales people are useless in this department.

I currently own a Subaru Crosstrek and while I love Android Auto, it disconnects during my trips causing me to have to fiddle with the cable to unplug and plug the cable back in to reconnect. Very irritating and of course Subaru loves to blame the issue on everything but their head unit.

Appreciate any thoughts you all might have.

BTW - I might hold out to get the re-deigned 2022 Tiguan. The Digital Cockpit is awesome.

Regards
Aldo

·
Registered
1 Posts
It stays connected and connects wireless now. So far so good for me, when you use Google Maps to navigate the little display in between the speedo and tach shows the next turn. Pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. That is great to hear! I'm assuming I can also charge my phone while using Wireless Android auto?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts