Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love my rabbit and all, but I was seriously considering getting an MKVI GTI, until i saw this. An 2008 R32 with only 6k miles for 24k :D:. It is amazing. However, something looks fishey. Only 6k miles, mint condition, carfax report says the car has no damages, only had 1 owner, who returned it after a year of leasing. :wedgie:. So, is this a good deal? I have never heard of this company before o_0.

I'm going to enter to college next year, and this baby would last me a good 5 years or more, until i can afford my own car. I have like 6k saved up in the bank right now for a new car too(like I said, I was going to wait probably 1 more year and get a MKVI gti, but this deal seems too good to be true). If you live in dallas, don't buy this :p. I want it :p :D::D:

clicky here

of course, nothing wrong with my bunny. I love it =D

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
You're what, 18? It's great that you have savings and financially could do it. But let's think logically for a second.... just because it's a good deal doesn't mean you should jump on it. You're about to enter college. It's a totally new ballgame. Parking at school is usually a nightmare and many schools don't let freshmen bring their car (if you're living on campus.) You'd be paranoid constantly about an R32 (doordings, breakins, etc.) not to mention the fact that your insurance will be insane AND you're not going to have the time to drive it as much as you want to. I know I risk sounding like a party pooper but I think you should stick to the Rabbit, and keep your money for when you'll need it in college. Trust, I've been there and done that. You'll want that savings money for spring break vacations and whatnot. ;)

·
Peach Tea Chugging Mo-Fo
10,040 Posts
I agree with punk. It might be a great deal.... but let's face it... that money could go much further once you get into college.
Now, if your parents are paying for a car... then that's another story, lol.

·
So Sofistikated
10,617 Posts
You're what, 18? It's great that you have savings and financially could do it. But let's think logically for a second.... just because it's a good deal doesn't mean you should jump on it. You're about to enter college. It's a totally new ballgame. Parking at school is usually a nightmare and many schools don't let freshmen bring their car (if you're living on campus.) You'd be paranoid constantly about an R32 (doordings, breakins, etc.) not to mention the fact that your insurance will be insane AND you're not going to have the time to drive it as much as you want to. I know I risk sounding like a party pooper but I think you should stick to the Rabbit, and keep your money for when you'll need it in college. Trust, I've been there and done that. You'll want that savings money for spring break vacations and whatnot. ;)
Take it from someone who knows, i agree with this punk rite here...

i had a pos car for college and i was paranoid about it, wait til u graduate rite, then buy an mkvi r20....save your money.

also tbh a new car is probably one of the worst purchases people make, they depreciate so quickly and are nothing but money pits.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Take it from someone who knows, i agree with this punk rite here...

i had a pos car for college and i was paranoid about it, wait til u graduate rite, then buy an mkvi r20....save your money.

also tbh a new car is probably one of the worst purchases people make, they depreciate so quickly and are nothing but money pits.
it is used, and it has depreciated. i think its a good deal, if i could get an r32 right now i would, but thats just me.

i dont know about college though, do you have loans or has it been paid for? if your on loans i dont think i would get it. if its all paid for, why not.

p.s. punk your a party pooper :p

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
probably the reason why it's so cheat because the previous owner could not afford the monthly leasing payments, and it was probably the dealers choice to have it auctioned off instead of keeping it in stock. if vw american finance agreed with the terms, they auctioned it to avoid overstocking at the dealership. because probably no one is gonna buy a car like this in this kind of economy. if the website/company garantees the vehicle, then buy it. follow your heart, you're young, you got parents, if i was in your position, i'd get this baby and spend time with it instead of spring break vacation and stuff... but that's just me, i dont like to go on vacation, it's such a hassle. well.. i dont hate it. but, i'm just not comfortable compared to staying home.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o dang, sorry I should have stated. I am going to a college in dallas, SMU or UTD, for computer science. UTD offered me a full ride since im top 10% rank wise, so if I go to UTD, i won't have any debt and stuff. Also, since its in dallas, I will be living at home, and driving there everyday(both are about 20 mins from my home)

of course, i understand! You guys are a lot wiser then me :p

I love my rabbit, and it is amazinngggg!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Its a great deal but dont do it. the r32 will depreciate more than the rabbit( percentage wise)

·
Registered
249 Posts
o dang, sorry I should have stated. I am going to a college in dallas, SMU or UTD, for computer science. UTD offered me a full ride since im top 10% rank wise, so if I go to UTD, i won't have any debt and stuff. Also, since its in dallas, I will be living at home, and driving there everyday(both are about 20 mins from my home)

of course, i understand! You guys are a lot wiser then me :p

I love my rabbit, and it is amazinngggg!
hey kirby Glad you're not taking the advice in a bad way.. punk and everyone is right..just save your cash cause you really never know when you'll need it..u'll never know when one of your buddies will make you their 1 phone call. lol... keep using the rabbit until it can't hop anymore.

p.s good job w/ the full ride to college.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
If you really want to trade, get a GTI and mod it. I wouldn't trade my GTI for an R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts