Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi VW,

I just want to say I love my Rabbit! There is one thing though that disturbs me. I want to be able to honk my horn without having to turn on the car.

Dangerous Scenario: Say I'm sitting in my car, in line at the school, waiting to pick up the kids. I have the car turned off while I'm waiting. The car parked in front of me has just retrieved their little cherub and wants to leave but has to maneuver to get out. To my horror, the fool in front of me, I mean the nice person in front of me begins to back up and is about to bump my car and I can’t honk the horn! I have to put my foot on the brake, depress the clutch and start the car in order to sound the horn…this doesn’t make sense to me.

Just a thought..
Sunny Bunny

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
All of you lie. Turn the key on, honk the damn horn.

·
Banned
355 Posts
lol... wouldnt it be abit late when you got you car turned on and honk?? my moms benz got hit by an old man in a civic. we were parked and the engine stopped.. too late for us to turn on the car and honk or move

·
Registered
98 Posts
you could always carry one of those small very annoying air horns (for boats, sporting events, etc.). that would get their attention...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, you should never sit in your car with the engine turned off anyway (I know it is bad for the environment) because if someone smashes into you, your airbags won't deploy

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
You dont have to do all of that to honk the horn, just turn the key. Plus, when the key is off, ALL of the cars acc. are dissconected. I think this is a great idea becaue it reduces the risk of a short or what have you.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The same thing happened to me in my other car. Someone was backing up and I couldn't honk and they hit me.

You can always carry one of those air horns in your glove compartment. Works great for scaring away car thieves. j/k

1 - 19 of 19 Posts