Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 71 super beetle that isn’t charging the battery. I am super new to the older cars and im getting confused. It looks like he has a generator because it is one shape from front to back but the terminals are labeled like a alternator as in not being labeled D+ and DF but D+ and B+. I also cant find the regulator which makes me think alternator but its not shaped like one. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if it is obvious

·
Registered
97 Posts
My son has a 71 super beetle that isn’t charging the battery. I am super new to the older cars and im getting confused. It looks like he has a generator because it is one shape from front to back but the terminals are labeled like a alternator as in not being labeled D+ and DF but D+ and B+. I also cant find the regulator which makes me think alternator but its not shaped like one. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if it is obvious
The regulator should be located under the ba k seat on the drivers side, most likely is a generator not an alternator

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, should be able to hunt down where it used to be that way if they only took the regulator out. May have taken the wire with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts