Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive design Automotive fuel system

I was replacing the speedo cable on my 1974 Superbug that I have owned since 1982 when a wire/plug indicated with the red arrow and Numbered 1 in the photo this plug has detached from somewhere unknown to me, either behind the speedo or somewhere behind the dash. As you can see its connected to the back of the fuel gauge as indicated by an arrow marked number 2 and is a black wire and it carries power or is positive. The other wire that it joins in the connector is a green wire number 3. This goes somewhere behind the dash. The black wire with the female spade is not very long, so cannot go far. I've looked at technical wiring diagrams and cannot make heads or tails from it. The result of this not being connect anywhere is that when the car is running the indicator light and the alternator light are both flashing intermittently as if the turn signal is on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is stressing me out and has done my head in.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts