Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who are in the United States and do not have another car, what do you do for insurance?

I tried one of the classic car insurance agencies, like Hagerty, but they would only insure my Rabbit if it was NOT my daily driver. However, it's the only car I own, so I'm stuck with my USAA insurance. I like USAA insurance, but they will only insure my Rabbit for its "cash value," not the true value that it could get in a private sale. On top of that, they won't even tell me what the cash value is for my Rabbit - they said that's something the claims adjuster would determine at the time of a claim. Seems shady that they won't even tell me how much they're insuring me for.

So, are there any good options out there for people who use their old VW as their daily driver?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't even think about contacting Hagerty! They'll probably not even pick up the phone! If you check either on ConsumerAffairs or on Trustpilot, you'll be shocked to see how poorly rated they are. I won't lie that it used to be a great company, but now, it's just so bad. My brother has been waiting for them to call him back regarding a quote he was supposed to get, and it's been an eternity. Huge mistake! You could maybe try getting an insurance from Motor Trade Insurance | Unicom Insurance Services. I, myself, haven't used their services or anything, but I've seen on ConsumerAffairs and on Trustpilot that they're considered to be one of the best. Worth a try!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't even think about contacting Hagerty! They'll probably not even pick up the phone! If you check either on ConsumerAffairs or on Trustpilot, you'll be shocked to see how poorly rated they are. I won't lie that it used to be a great company, but now, it's just so bad. My brother has been waiting for them to call him back regarding a quote he was supposed to get, and it's been an eternity. Huge mistake! You could maybe try getting an insurance from Motor Trade Insurance | Unicom Insurance Services. I, myself, haven't used their services or anything, but I've seen on ConsumerAffairs and on Trustpilot that they're considered to be one of the best. Worth a try!
I've had a similar situation with Hagerty and they pissed me off so much! Don't you ever use their services!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts