Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

181 - 200 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, new Tig owner as of yesterday, '12 Pepper Grey S FWD. Funny thing is went shopping for a Jetta and all it took was watching another family roll off the lot in a Tig!

Regards, Brett

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey all, new Tig owner as of yesterday, '12 Pepper Grey S FWD. Funny thing is went shopping for a Jetta and all it took was watching another family roll off the lot in a Tig!

Regards, Brett
Congrats Brett on your new 2012 Tig in what I think is one :cool: colour. Love it.

Have fun Tiggin' around.

:Ciao:

·
Registered
8 Posts
" I'm not so pleased with the orientation of the manual shifting pattern (forward for upshift and back for downshift) anyone who's driven a stick for any length of time should understand. If there were a way to swap the switch in the gearshift assembly I'd do it in a heartbeat (once it warms up here). "

Why is this a problem for you? Manual transmissions are not forward to down-shift in all gears. Neither are they back to up-shift in all gears. 2-3 and 4-5 shifts are forward on a manual transmission. 3-2 and 5-4 are back. I grew up shifting 4 and 5 speeds and find either direction for a manual-automatic shifter acceptable. I imagine its more of a "what I am used to" issue than anything. Its not like you really gain much from the manual shifting on a Tiguan anyway. Its more there to hold the transmission in the selected gear when driving slowly, going up a steep incline or descending a long hill.

Otherwise, welcome to the Tiguan world and enjoy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After what seemed an eternity (Well it was) the lovely girl at the dealers phoned to say my car has been delivered. They actually were not expecting it but it just turned up ! It seems Wolfsburg have gone into overdrive , perhaps they are on to a Xmas bonus.
So it's an early Xmas pressy for Splatt and here I come with my xenon's and LED DRL's for the neighbourhood . In good Navy tradition it is in battleship grey. The only doubt I have is my other car is petrol , every other previous car I have owned in 60 years has been petrol, how do I stop myself at the first senior moment putting petrol in this ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello , im very excited right now hopefully tomorrow i will be the owner of an 12 tiguan s in reflex silver , after testing a few different suv/crossovers fell in in love with this one , loved the power and comfort , will be posting pics very soon ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody

Been a long-time lurker in these forums, but today (after a year of indecision on the wife's part) the order for the new Tiguan has finally gone in. We live in Sweden and need the four wheel drive for the hellacious winters we have here. Anyway, this is the spec:

Tiguan TDI 2.0 177 DSG 4MOTION
  • Pepper grey with Furioso leather (brown)
  • 19" Savannah alloys
  • Premium package: Bi-xenon/LED headlights, curve lights, leather /w electric driver's seat, panoramic sunroof
  • Towing package: Swiveling towbar, rear-view camera, RNS510 navigation (extra option)
  • Comfort package: Multifunctional steering wheel, cruise control, ambient lighting, Climatronic 2-zone climate control
  • Folding mirrors
  • Keyless access
  • Diesel block/cabin heater
This will be my wife's car for pottering around the suburbs where we live, pick up and drop off kids, shopping runs, etc. I drive a 2006 Audi A8 3.2 FSI Quattro (cappuccino leather on brilliant black metallic) which mostly spends time as a driveway ornament...

The new Tig should be delivered in early May! Can't wait as my wife now drives a 2001 Mercedes A190 which has seen better days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Name is Michael i live in lancashire uk I am Disabled and depend on my car to get out It is numbus grey heated seets folding morrors crueise controle TIGUIAN SE DTI DSG 4MOTION 7spd Auto, First VW ever had very pleased with the car exept for the MPG 26.7,Was told 40 round town 51 on moterway only getting 26.7 mpg testd 3 times now Very disapionted with this garage dose not seem to be intersted ,

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My Name is Michael i live in lancashire uk I am Disabled and depend on my car to get out It is numbus grey heated seets folding morrors crueise controle TIGUIAN SE DTI DSG 4MOTION 7spd Auto, First VW ever had very pleased with the car exept for the MPG 26.7,Was told 40 round town 51 on moterway only getting 26.7 mpg testd 3 times now Very disapionted with this garage dose not seem to be intersted ,
This is certainly a low milage for a TDi Tiguan, especially a DSG one. May I suggest you try your questions on mytiguan.com as there are many European TDi owners there where here is mostly NA petrol engined Tiguans. The biggest thing is of course the roads you drive and how the Tiguan is driven but there are plenty of people in Britain achieving over 50mpg on a trip and over 40mpg around town. Depends on a number of factors of course. I have a 2008 TDi with the 6 speed auto and I get mid 30s around town and early 40s on a trip BUT I'm in NZ with VERY different roads and driving to conditions to GB.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Introduce Yourself To Tiguan Owners Club
Hello all My mane is Michael From Rochdale Lancashir I have a 4 mosion 2llr auto' desil nimbus grey Firsy vw ever had I love the car But NOT the MPG was tols 40mpg around towm 50 plus on mway nothing like average 24mpg round town 34 on [email protected] 60 mph, Done 3000 miles Complaind to Vw but not at all intersted ,
Thinkg of having a Remap for econemy anyone got any advice please ? I am on a limedted buget it is a motabilty car
Thank you all
all the best
Mick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my name is Mark, just bought a white 2010 Tiguan with 46k.. I am in Tulsa, OK. I have given a few test drives from some other small/crossover SUVs and found this one to be one very nice ride; so I traded up from my 2010 HHR :D:.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. My name is Jon and I've owned my 09 Tiguan SE 4motion for about 1.5 years. I've been on mytiguan for a while, but wanted to find another forum with more NA focus so here I am! I've just moved to Colorado and although the Tiguan was always chosen for it's ability to take me skiing and camping, I'm looking at ways to tailor it more to the environment here. There are many places to explore in the mountains that may require just a little bit more than stock 4motion. So this is the path I'm going down!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, My name is Jigs and my tiguan arrived on Last saturday on July 6th. It is amazing car. Me and my wife love it. it is Black on Black and comfortline Model (as per Canada). will update more later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi, my name is Paul, and I'm a Tig-aholic.

My wife and I just traded our 2010 Tiguan SE for a 2013 Tiguan R-Line. Yes, we bought a second Tiguan because we like the vehicle so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: new member in uk

hi my name is jonathan from whitstable in the uk i am collecting my 2011 2.0L diesel match blue motion tomorrow after work , have been looking for months for a black tig with leather interior about an 2009 which was proveing difficult also wanted satnav , any way i ended up with a match in candy white with just dab cd radio will be posting questions about fitting a replacement satnav head unit

·
Registered
1 Posts

New Member, was looking at other models and stumbled on black on black 2014. Bought it yesterday! Love the looks, performance and whole package.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just bought a used 2011 Tiguan SE. I live in Park City Utah, USA at about 6500 feet elevation. Snow falls November-March and then some. need a more winter friendly car. = AWD. I have been driving an 03 Jetta TDI which I still have and love. The jetta Actually works very well with winter tires. I will keep my 03 jetta till the wheels fall off. it's a great car and BIODIESEL friendly. I was hoping VW would finally bring a diesel tiguan to the US. The touareg is nice but too pricey for me. So far I very happy. Need info on ski and bike rack.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi Newbie to this forum. Have just taken delivery of my second VW Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion. Love the car which is why I replaced my first one , a 2012 SE Model (thanks to a relatively good deal). Not much difference in the specs between the two other than the RNS315 - or is that RNS310? Book says one thing, dealer says the other! Anyway, other than that the only other addition from the previous is Cruise Control (missed it on a long drive from Scotland to Southern England and back earlier this year).

181 - 200 of 233 Posts