Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: new member in uk

Hello... I am Geoff, a new member from North Carolina. I have a 2011 Tiguan. Bought it new about 3 years ago... around 70k miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
My name is Guy and I am interested in the 2014 Tiguan. I am presently the owner of a 2001 Boxster base which I will sell privately or trade in on a new SUV. Please tell me about the DSG transmission to see if there are any problems with it?

How does the car work in winter? Anything I should know about before I commit.Lots of heat?
So far I have tried the Tiguan(base) and the Mazda CX5. The latter underwhelming.
Cheers, Guy.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi all,
My name is Guy and I am interested in the 2014 Tiguan. I am presently the owner of a 2001 Boxster base which I will sell privately or trade in on a new SUV. Please tell me about the DSG transmission to see if there are any problems with it?

How does the car work in winter? Anything I should know about before I commit.Lots of heat?
So far I have tried the Tiguan(base) and the Mazda CX5. The latter underwhelming.
Cheers, Guy.
Need to know where you are in the World to help. eg the DSG box doesn't exist in NA

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Everybody!

My name is Chris. I actually do not own a Tiguan yet but i've been doing a lot of shopping around and I plan to here shortly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: new member living in Cyprus

Hello my name is Zecadiabo, im from Madeira Island - Portugal
i have a 2011 VW tiguan 2.0 tdi sport 2wd, i have the car only at 3 days and im loving it
Best of all the confort, amazing

Big hug from Madeira

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Heath and I just bought a 2015 Tiguan S. I am new to Volkswagen, having owned Ford, Buick, Nissan, and Honda. I am a cheapskate, so I am trying to find the most cost effective way to put a roof rack (I have factory rails) on and the same for the towing options. I am starting to read more about how I should have bought a Subaru for reliabiity. Maybe someone can help reassure me on my choice. Either way, it's great to be here.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Greetings all,

I am Leigh, new to VWOC and to the Tiguan Club. I hail from NY where I work as an IT professional and I just purchased an R Line 4Motion... Crazy fun to drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hello, my name is Joy and I just bought a brand new Tiguan 2014...so far I love it!!! I look forward to driving it whenever I have to!!! So far I have 400 miles on it and it is performing great! I hope to learn all I can about my Tiguan through this site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Guy...I live in Colorado and my brand new 2014 Tiguan has performed well in the snow so far..I have only had it out once but I was happy. I have the 4 Motion. I have had the car about three weeks now. I love the car....I am getting 31 mpg on the highway. It handles well and has an upscale feel to it. I am so glad I bought it over the Subaru Outback, which feels plasticky and cheap after you sit in the Tiguan. We also tried the Mazda CX5 and thought it also had a cheap feel to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I live in Cyprus and I am the proud owner of Tiguan r line 1.4 tsi 160 bhp auto I love this car there are loads of Tiguans here in Cyprus white is a very popular colour here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

My name is Robert and I am a new member and (new to me 2010) Tiguan owner from Canada!

This I my second "Go around" with VW. The first was in the 70's with a Rabbit. It goes without saying that VW has come a long way since the days of Disco!

The Tiguan is replacing my 2002 Honda S2000 as time marches on, I came to the conclusion that comfort, convenience and utility were more important than simply performance.

There appears to be a great wealth of knowledgeable forum members and I look forward to employing it's resources.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, All. My name is Stephen Bernardo live in a small city Brooks,AB Canada. First year with the Tiguan 4m turbo. just love it its great in the snow and ice that we can get on the roads even in June!. Iam a laboratory Manager with a small staff to look after. my first car was a 1957 vw beetle convertible had a Karman badge on the side and a spare wheel tool kit. I am and aviation history buff and model builder. The history of this car make was one of things that made look at buying this car.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, My name is Marcel, and I live in Ottawa, Canada. Just bought a 2014 Comfortline 4Motion with Sport package. I love the design of the Tiguan in and out, even if it's a bit austere. This is my first VW, but the second German car. I plan to do an oil spray, and cover the front of the hood with a protector film.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi - Just bought a 2013 Tiguan 4Motion that was coming off first lease with 20k miles, got bike racks installed, and then drove from Boulder, CO out to Cape Cod, MA about a month ago. Took a couple of days and Tiguan has been great on this trip. 2nd VW, have also owned Audi, MB, and Porsche. I like German auto engineering :)

Rob Heath
Boulder, CO

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello, New 2015 Tiguan owner, have owned a lot of air cooled VW's in the past and one early Rabbit.

Ken Abbott
Lacey, WA

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi everybody! First time VW owner here. My username gives you a good idea of what I bought. This one is a CPO 2013 S model with pano roof and a mere 14K miles on the odometer. Less than a month ago I bought a new 2015 Honda Fit EX and regretted my decision before I even made it home. The VW dealership across the street from the one where I bought the Fit made me an insane offer on the Tiguan. First they wanted to get me into a black Tiguan S with 9K more miles and no pano roof, but I talked them into selling me this one. Actually, this was an exchange and not a sale. They did a 100% even swap for the Fit. We literally swapped keys and I didn't give them a single penny. Looking forward to keeping this Tiguan much longer than 26 days!

Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hello

From SF Bay Area

2011 Tig S @ 90k

-Roy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there
I'm Keith from central Scotland
I've just purchased my very first Volkswagen, made the change from
Owning several bmws.
That being said I've just purchased a 2011 Vw Tiguan r-line 4 motion, 2.0 tdi,
Was wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for/checking on this particular model?

Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hello,

My name is Michael and I just joined the forum. The last time I joined one was when I bought the original R32 in 2004. I have a long history of VW ownership. My first was an '86 GTI that I bought used in '96. Then I bought a new Beetle in '00 which I traded in for a '02 GTI which I then traded in for the R32 in '04. I drove that wonderful car for 10 years before I traded it in for a '07 Audi 3.2 Quattro in '13. I'm back with VW now and so far I love the Tiguan. It's kind of like a grown up GTI. I look forward to participating in the forum.

Thanks,

Michael

201 - 220 of 236 Posts