Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wrote this last year. never submitted. oh well. here it is. :p

I wait in near giddy anticipation for this time of the year. Right after the start of the first month there is a change in the air. There are lights glistening, the smell of refreshments, the murmur of the crowds, ohhhs and ahhhs, the flash of cameras held by other awestruck fans. That's right, it's auto show season. What did you think this was about? Sports? Don't make me laugh, unless you try to convince me that Chrysler might actually be doing something right any time soon. Their lineup which they ridiculously tout under their new slogan, "imported from Detroit", is so long in the tooth, it thinks Betty White is a bitchy little girl. The 300 needs a complete overhaul to earn any more kudos from me since its arrival in 2004 as an '05 apart from some line refreshing, new lights, and grille. Oooohhh is that the new Chrysler 200? No you moron it's a God forsaken Sebring that they gave a facelift, butt lift, and new shoes to. ALL NEW? Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining. The idea that people who can't see through your little ruse will actually buy that thing and think they've really got something until they try to trade it in infuriates me. I'm not even going to comment on the Town and Country since it is a minivan and should not exist in any driveway unless you have completely given up on your whole character and succumbed to suburban blandness. Moving on, sister company Dodge has only one item I would throw money at, the Challenger. Retro? Yup. Practical? Hardly. Reliable? Lulz. Do I want one? Is the Pope Catholic? I've always had a place in my heart for good 'ol fashioned American muscle cars from the 60's and 70's. This is a lovely homage to the spirit of the times with all the wonderful tech goodies we have. You simply can't mention muscle right now without evoking thoughts of Mustang vs. Camaro. Both cars are iconic to a degree that most cars could never even consider. The Camaro had beaten the Mustang this past year in sales and I'm glad. It's not that I'm entirely biased towards it ( I totally am.) , but it is something that was necessary for the welfare of the bow tie brand. Chevrolet needed a hit and it has a grand slam on its hands. The extra revenue will come in handy for the future and we are already seeing the direction they are going with the presentation of the Cruze and the revolutionary Volt. Well done lads. Getting back, the Mustang, the blue oval's oldest living child, is wonderful to behold. Solid, muscular lines integrate themselves into the slightest of curves to create a truly menacing, i'll kick your ass at the lights look. It will certainly do that with the help of power from the newly resurrected 5.0. However, your wallet is going to hate you because you will likely have so much fun hitting the gas pedal that a tank will last about five seconds. If you are still hanging around in the FoMoCo area, then you may want to consider the new Fiesta or Focus. Both are wonderfully designed hatches and sedans brought fresh from Europe where they have been enjoyed already for a year and a half. (bastards) They are available as hatches which are famously practical and their styling is just what America needs in a domestic brand. Speaking of arrivals from Europe, the Ford C-Max is out to change the american perception of family transportation with a really attractive MPV. Yes, i said it, attractive, sexy even. I love it. What I don't love is the constant heart attacks I was experiencing when I looked at MSRP's. 45 grand for a Ford Taurus. O.M.G.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts