Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a thick envelope in the mail today from JDP&A asking many questions about my jackrabbit. I filled it out truthfully (high marks all around) and sent it in.

Anybody else get one?

+- Icon Daemon -+

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i haven't. i get the feeling that, once they realize how good they are, the price of future rabbits will go WAY up. we got them for a song and a dance, comparatively, so we should feel lucky. the good news for us is that they should hold their resale value pretty good...

s3aturnr

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have been watching them go on ebay. There is a couple on there atm, and they are way below window sticker. Its making me pretty nervous. Also the fact that my dealership has around 8-10 of them, and they are only making $200 in dealership markup fees is pretty scary as well.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Daddyroo5 said:
I have been watching them go on ebay. There is a couple on there atm, and they are way below window sticker. Its making me pretty nervous. Also the fact that my dealership has around 8-10 of them, and they are only making $200 in dealership markup fees is pretty scary as well.
Don't sweat it. The msrp will go up. With the euro outperforming the dollar it has to. If you check resale on your rabbit on edmunds or kbb.org you should smile too.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
yea, I was talking to my friend yesterday, and he was asking me, "why would you buy foreign pos? Why wouldnt you buy a real car, an american car." All i could do is laugh, and say, " I'll see you 300k miles, then you will understand." This is coming from a friend who has a 99' firebird, and thinks the front end comes off the ground when he accelerates .... LOL LMAO

Sorry just had to share the entertainment that I got from it with everyone else.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That damn dollar bill always makes me feel obligated. It also makes me feel like I work in a sweatshop. 45 minutes of work for $1??!! Oh well, I will do anything to get the Rabbit word out to the masses ;D. As far as resale value and dealer inventory...here is my hypothesis. First, hatchbacks have never really been popular in the US. Here, the past Jetta outsold the Golf 4:1. In Europe, it was the exact opposite. They Europeans cannot figure out why sedans are so popular in the US. Also, Americans tend to look for the best value. Not that this is bad, but you can get a similar 4 door hatchback Ford Focus out the door for about $16-$17K. Trust me, I traded in my 05 Focus for my bunny at a huge loss simply because it was such a chinsey car. You have to look at the big picture though. My 4 door rabbit (the only upgrades were wheels and automatic) cost me around $22k out the door. You can get a fairly well equipped Camry/ Accord for the same price and many Americans simply feel these are the only two good cars out there for the price since every magazine rants and raves (biastly IMO) about Japanese cars. Also, when looking at past VW reviews by consumers online, it seems the internet was where many people would vent their frustration about all the little nagging problems. It seems VW are either loved or despised by most people. Thats just what I think. As time goes on and VW quality improves and the little problems seem to be corrected, resale values should improve. If you dont think so, just look at Hyundai. 10 years ago, if you told someone you drove a Hyundai, they would point you to the closest homeless shelter and give you food stamps. Now they have the Japanese and American companies sweating. Thats how you get your name back from the brink of destruction where VW has been the past few years. You offer incredibly well built cars at a fair price. Once you have a following, you slowly raise the price each model year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
H2K03 said:
Did you get a dollar bill with it like I did?
yea i got it too spent the dollar and yet to fill out the packet but going too b/c my rabbit has been really good to me so i will be good to her ;D no matter how long that packet takes high marks all aroung

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dollar Bill? I got a $5 gift card to Starbucks in advance of the survey.....anyone else get that? I don't drink coffee, so I gave mine away to a friend - guess I woulda liked the dollar more..... :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, if I remember correctly, I got a $1 bill and they would dontate another dollar to the charity of my choice. On the back of the questionaire, there were about 20 different charities and you checked the one you wanted the dollar to go to. I think I helped plant a tree. I wanted to check them all and spread the wealth out evenly, but I guess it would cost more to send the nickel to each charity than it was worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts