Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been having an fuel issue lately with my 2006 Mk5 Gti. The car runs fine but the check engine light is telling me I have a (12555) - “Low Pressure Fuel Regulation Fuel Pump Outside Specification P310B No Signal/No Communication - Intermittent” Now I have replaced the in tank fuel pump, the fuel pump module (from junk yard), the fuel filter, and the high pressure fuel pump. As soon as I clear the check engine light that code pops back up in pending and the light will come back on down the road. The car runs fine, but i can’t get the check engine light to go away. The only time I have a problem is when I go fill my tank up (with 93 like always) and the car takes forever to start. Once it starts, it seems to misfire for about 30 seconds then goes to normal. Now if there is any advice out there I would greatly appreciate it. I’m at a lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same issue sometimes and I have found out the cam lobe is worn, get lean fuel codes.. try checking the lobe for damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same issue sometimes and I have found out the cam lobe is worn, get lean fuel codes.. try checking the lobe for damage.

I will definitely check it out, Thank you

·
Registered
40 Posts
No worries
Unfortunately mine is worn bad, just waiting on getting the new cam fitted along with a HPFP not the cheapest job but this should sort my issue out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also if this helps, the HPFP at idle should be sitting at a 50% duty cycle and whatever the problem is mine is sitting at around 83% at idle, i think causing the check engine light

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks mate I’ll defo check it out.. I’m in Canada and the weather is -16 atm so I can’t under the hood as it is way to cold...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts