Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've owned my 2DR 07' Rabbit for over a year now and I didn't have much wrong with it (minus the nice 2 ft long dent on the panel under my passenger door) until a few weeks ago. I was using my iPod with the aux jack in the glove box with no problems, then all of a sudden the lower speaker in the back passenger side went completely dead! I don't really blast my stereo all that often so I'm baffled by this. All you can hear out of it is the occasional fuzz noise when there's bass in a song. I immediately unplugged the aux cable, threw it out the window on the highway and not-so-gently put my iPod in the glove box :eek: I think it's safe to say the speaker is KIA. And last week the driver-side door developed the infamous rattle with music playing but all the speakers still work in the door.

I know there's a few threads to replace speakers already but I really CAN'T afford a pro shop to replace what's been damaged and the rattle is becoming very annoying. I have a basic knowledge of cars but I'm not 100% comfortable taking my car apart myself yet. Is there anyone in the CT area who can help me out for a couple hours? Replacing the lower rear speakers would be nice (seeing people write about the horror of taking out the rear seat to get to them is making me cringe), but taking the rattle out of the door would make my day. Like I said I'm pretty poor right now, but if you're willing to travel I can toss you some cash for gas and feed you at least. If not then I don't have a problem traveling.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll mention it to them when I take it in next week for an oil change. Last time they tried to charge me even with my lifetime oil change card number on the work order xD Pretty sure that's a prime example of their competence..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
and don't let them try to b/s you by telling you "it's the music that is being played"... SOB's tried telling me that crap lol

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
Tell them you were listening to talk radio on an AM station about now to be a better church goer when just after they were counting down in a meditation process the rear speaker cut out and didn't come back ruining your meditation on the road and making you enraged your car is broken. If They blame you for that one you can smack them upside the head, write the words "common sense" on a piece of paper and shove it down their throats. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
HAHA! I have that same rattle goin on in my RF door. Im not too worried about it, i play my music loud enough that i never hear it. Nor did i hear the cop sirens the last time i got pulled over.

Where in CT are ya? Im in Bristol (AKA Sh*thole CT)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently when I got to the dealership it kicked on when the tech sat in the car and listened?! I laughed a little not going to lie. After he got it in the garage it went dead so I'm getting it replaced tomorrow.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a terrible fuzz when i play my music. it sounds like it comes from the majority of the speakers! It makes me crazy! I think it might be my I pod though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Apparently when I got to the dealership it kicked on when the tech sat in the car and listened?! I laughed a little not going to lie. After he got it in the garage it went dead so I'm getting it replaced tomorrow.
Lol it's weird how stuff "magically" works when you're trying to show someone it doesn't. Or vice versa, when something you want to work doesn't when you're trying to show someone :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts