Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! We just purchased a lovely 2004 R32 yesterday, silver color. This car is my first Volkswagen, and I am absolutely smitten! Unfortunately, the car came without the Owner's Manual, and I would really like to have one, for reference. There are several available on eBay, but all are UK versions. Also, many of those say MK5, which confuses me, since I thought my 2004 car is an MK4 style-wise. In any case, any leads on a US version of the manual would be deeply appreciated. Many thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, after 3 days of driving, the serpentine belt broke. I hope this is not my introduction to VW reliability...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello! We just purchased a lovely 2004 R32 yesterday, silver color. This car is my first Volkswagen, and I am absolutely smitten! Unfortunately, the car came without the Owner's Manual, and I would really like to have one, for reference. There are several available on eBay, but all are UK versions. Also, many of those say MK5, which confuses me, since I thought my 2004 car is an MK4 style-wise. In any case, any leads on a US version of the manual would be deeply appreciated. Many thanks!
You can try the volkswagen website for online version of the owners' manual. Just need the VIN of the car: triple w dot vwserviceandparts.com/digital-resources/online-owners-manual/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can try the volkswagen website for online version of the owners' manual. Just need the VIN of the car: triple w dot vwserviceandparts.com/digital-resources/online-owners-manual/
I wish it were that easy. They will only go back 10 years. I asked Volkswagen to post older manuals, like the one I need. They replied that they are only "required" to save info going 10 years back, and that they have no way to provide me the information I need, not even in digital format. I guess Volkswagen doesn't expect their cars to last longer than that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If worse comes to worst, you could always try your library or Mitchell auto repair manuals: http : //peautorepair.net/Marketing/Default.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have owners manuals

But I do have maintenace manuals for MkIV to MkVII

I'd post the link but seems there are some restrictive rules on this forum about being about to post links.

Definitely check out VWVortex forums. I've posted links to the manuals there same email

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have owners manuals

But I do have maintenace manuals for MkIV to MkVII

I'd post the link but seems there are some restrictive rules on this forum about being about to post links.

Definitely check out VWVortex forums. I've posted links to the manuals there same email

Yes, that's a much more active forum. I did find a manual over there. as well as lots of other helpful threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts