Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beetle has been sitting for about a decade, maybe a little less. So we decided to work on it, cleaned out the gas tank, replaced all the soft fuel lines, the fuel injectors, spark plugs and wires. The car starts and idles for about 2 seconds, sometimes up to 5, then dies. I'm thinking it's the air flow meter or the start valve from the manual, but I will check that next time I work on it with an ohm meter, another thing is the gas pedal does nothing, it was originally kind of sticky, so I sprayed wd on it and it became a lot more movable, and it pulls the cable that connects to the FI system and pulls the spring and stuff, but even when moved by hand it didn't rev the car or anything, which is another problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really wanna get this old gal back on the road, thanks for anything!

·
Registered
12 Posts
From my knowledge i think it could be some sort vacuum leak or the fuel lines could be bent in a way fuel could get trapped in the lines sorta like if you kinked a garden hose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts