Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking for any information about it. Thanks!

·
Peach Tea Chugging Mo-Fo
10,040 Posts
do you know anything about it? like a name or anything? I've searched pretty hard just a few minutes and haven't found a trace... normally I am good at this stuff.

·
Peach Tea Chugging Mo-Fo
10,040 Posts
If nothing turns up here moose, try taking it to a curator at an art gallery or something like that. Or even just show them a picture of it if u don't want to carry it around.... unless you need to find out if it's an original.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. It's at Emilys house and we can't figure it out. It's German from turn of the century.....turn of 20th century lol.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
I think the style is older than early 20th century. Early 20th century is when a lot of abstract art began with many different styles (i.e. cubism, fauvism, expressionism, etc...). I'd put the style more in the 19th century but it's tough to say since less known artists don't necessarily follow the style of the time.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
just pop the canvas box out of the frame. the artist's signature could have been easily been hidden when it was framed.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I have more information but I didn't want to say anything because I don't know if it's legit or not. From what I hear the picture was hung up in Germany or in europe during WWII. As places were bombed and raided they simply cut the picture out of its frame and rolled it up to get it out quickly....and this is why there is no artist name.

·
So Sofistikated
10,617 Posts
Wish i remembered my art history from school...but i dont.

Is it canvas? Is it an oil painting? and what is the actual size of it?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
There are Droid apps that find similar pictures on Google Images. I think it's a Google app. Try it, see if it matches anything.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
if it was cut from it's frame, there will be evidence of this on the canvas itself...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts