Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my first roll of Lomo Fisheye pictures developed. This thing is SO much fun and definitely worth the money for some cool pictures. Its only $38 at Urban Outfitters right now too!

a quickr pickr post

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Quality isn't there for me.

I'm picking up a Peling 8mm fisheye at some point. Pretty cheap, decent fisheye for fun. Takes great pictures - not super duper ones, but great for like $300.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, its a film camera. The quality isn't supposed to be there and the rule is to not focus on your subject, but just to shoot pictures. It cost me $38 @ Urban Outfitters and I love every minute of it.

Here is the product page: http://shop.lomography.com/fisheyecamera/

·
Peach Tea Chugging Mo-Fo
10,040 Posts
Yah, I love the process and feel of film cameras. It just feels so raw and right. I shoot digital now, but sometimes while I am on a hike and lining up a shot, I miss the feel of film. And that grainy look can really make some pictures look good... like that mailbox pic, I like that in grainy. .....of course that can also be done with digital.....
Nice to see someone rocking the film still tho. I enjoyed that.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I figured for the cheap price, it was a nice little camera to pickup and take cool pictures with some nice effects.

I mean, yea it only does fisheye, but it was only $38 so I had to have it. It's so much fun. I'm halfway through my second roll already. Learning how to judge my light is a bit more difficult since you don't see an instant result.

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
Quality isn't there for me.
that's the point, the pictures are grainy, color is usually off, and it's all unpredictable. there's something about pictures that come from lomos and dianas that you just can't get anywhere else.

i keep telling myself i'm going to pick up a diana one of these days, i really should.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's the point, the pictures are grainy, color is usually off, and it's all unpredictable. there's something about pictures that come from lomos and dianas that you just can't get anywhere else.

i keep telling myself i'm going to pick up a diana one of these days, i really should.
do it!!

im bringing this thing to sowo!

·
Registered
742 Posts
So awesome, film is really the best way to go.
It's so rewarding if you can actually develop it yourself too.
The fisheye is really great, and I love the one of the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts