Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brad, I live in the Ottawa Ontario region and I just picked up a 74 Beetle Convertible for my daughter (who is 12 right now). It's a project that we are doing slowly together. The car has been sitting at my neighbors for the last 12 years, he finally decided it was time to let it go and gave me first shot at it...pulled it out today and so far so good...the engine is free, but haven't tried to start it yet (was running when parked). Clutch was done just before parking it and everything seems to be free and working with the trans. It's going to need a complete restore but should be a fun project (came with new seats, door panels, a few seals etc). I own and operate an off-road fabrication shop mostly working on Jeeps, Landrovers, Toyotas, etc but I have never worked on an air cooled VW before so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Your daughter is lucky to have a Dad like you! I can see many hours of fun, + problem solving, on your project. Best of luck !!!, Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts