Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day I brought it home. 53k miles, perfect body, cleanest engine bay I've seen in quite some time and an interior to match...

First thing's first though, new radio and speakers seeing as how it's a little outdated. And along comes my first question... The car has the AKTIV stereo system installed; I purchased the headunit and speakers from Crutchfield, which I'm sure many of you know, supplies you with the harness and any other bits needed for a smooth install. I got a little ahead of myself when purchasing the stereo and selected "non-AKTIV install," so I was sent the wiring harness with just the 2 wire clips instead of the 3 wire clips. (This is what I have in hand)
Anyways, my question is; am I better off rewiring or should I give Crutchfield another $15+plus shipping for the correct harness? I have no intentions of keeping the AKTIV system, but rewiring using the harness I currently have isn't quite making sense in my head. Any information is greatly appreciated and I hope to keep in contact with you guys often!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

New to this forum.

What a beautiful car! I have the same identical car. Same color.

Did you get the car with that paint job or did you have it painted?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts