Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya all.
I have just brought a resto for my wife but would love finding out more about the bug I have just brought.
I know the registration and that its a 1974 1300 its yellow Without an engine and in bad shape, that's about where it ends.
Are there any numbers on the vehicle I could find that may help give me some more info. And where do I search online
I thankyou all in advance and hope forums are what people say.
Stay safe.
Adie

·
Registered
346 Posts
hiya all.
I have just brought a resto for my wife but would love finding out more about the bug I have just brought.
I know the registration and that its a 1974 1300 its yellow Without an engine and in bad shape, that's about where it ends.
Are there any numbers on the vehicle I could find that may help give me some more info. And where do I search online
I thankyou all in advance and hope forums are what people say.
Stay safe.
Adie
under the rear seat onthe center hump is a serial number can use that to search for parts and info. Pic when you get chance, also might reach a better audiance if you post inthe beetle section on here

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
under the rear seat onthe center hump is a serial number can use that to search for parts and info. Pic when you get chance, also might reach a better audiance if you post inthe beetle section on here
Thanks for the info... do you have a link I could search the numbers online please...
I will look for the beetle section... seems to be loads of chats and discussions could you suggest a good beetle section 🤔 😀

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks for the info... do you have a link I could search the numbers online please...
I will look for the beetle section... seems to be loads of chats and discussions could you suggest a good beetle section 🤔 😀
just scroll downa little farther, is called BETTLE OWNERS sub forum, what are you looking for a repair manual, parts sources and i might canhelp direct you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just scroll downa little farther, is called BETTLE OWNERS sub forum, what are you looking for a repair manual, parts sources and i might canhelp direct you
I have a manual on its way 👍, I'm looking for original parts or best available new parts (floor pans etc) that actually fit and want to make sure the correct parts go on the car regards correct shape and year etc. Would be nice to just have more info on the bug .

Thanks again

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a manual on its way 👍, I'm looking for original parts or best available new parts (floor pans etc) that actually fit and want to make sure the correct parts go on the car regards correct shape and year etc. Would be nice to just have more info on the bug .
View attachment 44015
View attachment 44016
Thanks again
nic. if you look there inthe Bettle Owners section,there is a guy, yhere in the UK, like you, i am in the US. Look for RUSTY BUG Restoration, the guy is great, usesa place there inthe UK for parts, they have everything, much more than here inhe US,he can tell you about them and where they are located,, tell him Wayne directed you to him am sure he can help you a great deal.

·
Registered
346 Posts
nic. if you look there inthe Bettle Owners section,there is a guy, yhere in the UK, like you, i am in the US. Look for RUSTY BUG Restoration, the guy is great, usesa place there inthe UK for parts, they have everything, much more than here inhe US,he can tell you about them and where they are located,, tell him Wayne directed you to him am sure he can help you a great deal.
the bettle club sectioncovers everything specific to the bug, browse thru the posts, everything covered, if you dont see it,start yourown THREAD people will shime in, promise

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Top man thankyou 🙏 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts