Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a VW newbie from Miami, FL. Just picked up a candy white 08 Rabbit w/45k miles. Plans? quite a few, I'm a transplant from the Subaru and Honda crowd, not new to imports or modding. Just new to VW

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
welcome to the VWOC.

what 'transplanted' you into a rabbit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well... i've always like the MKV design, wanted a GTI when they came out in 06 but never pulled the trigger. Fast foward 7yrs, bought the wifey a Tiguan, loved it, but didn't feel the need in 2 suv's. So, I have my wife driving my Honda Pilot and I sold the Tiguan and found a clean rabbit with very low miles.

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
cool. it's nice that you found one with very low mileage.

was it completely stock when you purchased it?

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
Bone stock kinda disappointed for no mfd.
eh, my 09 didn't come with one. not a deal killer if you ask me.

get the Torque app for your android and pair it with an elm327 bluetooth CAN-compatible module and you'll get more than enough live info at your fingertips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't a deal breaker, I just didn't know vw had non-mfd dash. I just want to be able to code the things I want. Do you know if needle sweep is available to code on the rabbit? or where I could find a list of items that can be coded on our mkv.

·
Premium Member
13,748 Posts
find someone with vagcom to get the most "features" in one session. i don't know all of the features, however, a quick google search should prove useful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna give it a shot on my own first,... been looking through a bunch of sites, i think the needle sweep may be out of the question. But the rest of the things I want should be a go. Disable DRL, auto unlock, program new key... i have a couple more things written down, just waiting on vag com cable to arrive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Howdy fellow Floridian! I'm about an hour north of ya in Palm beach.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took your advice Leon. My eBay cable didn't work as planned, lucky for money back guarantee. Found a local that took care of some things for me, disable drl, disable TPMS, unlock all with remote, unlock when key removed, window roll up/down with remote. I'll go back to him to activate paddle shifters and radio with Bluetooth and audio steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next thing I have in mind is to see if I can use Passat side mirrors in order to use the coming/leaving home feature using the puddle lights it has built in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts