Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys. I'm new to this forum and VW's. I am mechanically inclined but new to Rabbits and VW in general. I have a 1982 rabbit 1.6L diesel and I want to start doing some modifications and repairs since it is my daily driver. I want to do lowering coil overs, new wheels and tires maybe some camber and different suspension and engine mods. My question for you guys is what are the best combinations and tips and tricks for any modifications out of these cars? What are you guys running for suspension and wheels and tires that work? Best way to get more power out of these engines? (yes I realize they are not speed demons no matter what you do) but any little bit helps. Could you guys post pics of your rides and list the things done? Thanks I'd post a pic of my car but I don't know how lol

·
Super Moderator
10,428 Posts
Okay guys. I'm new to this forum and VW's. I am mechanically inclined but new to Rabbits and VW in general. I have a 1982 rabbit 1.6L diesel and I want to start doing some modifications and repairs since it is my daily driver. I want to do lowering coil overs, new wheels and tires maybe some camber and different suspension and engine mods. My question for you guys is what are the best combinations and tips and tricks for any modifications out of these cars? What are you guys running for suspension and wheels and tires that work? Best way to get more power out of these engines? (yes I realize they are not speed demons no matter what you do) but any little bit helps. Could you guys post pics of your rides and list the things done? Thanks I'd post a pic of my car but I don't know how lol

Welcome to the forum.
The main forum is where you ask these types of questions, the DIY is for how you do things as in Frequently Answered Questions.

To post pictures you have to open a photohosting account like flicker, or IMGUR, and upload the photo to there then post the link between the tags
. This site will post thumbnails but you are limited to about 4.

In the main forum there is a My Ride and Me, where you can post a pic of your ride, and a little bit about yourself.

I am moving your post to the main forum so you can get the answers that you seek.

ps, I am a OEM type of guy, but to get the most out of your current diesel you would need to probably set the timing of the Injection pump with a Dial gauge, it will increase your power but may adversely affect the mpg that the diesels are famous for.

Now if you Turbo it.... VAroooooooooom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts