Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well kind of been a long time coming, I've enjoyed the rabbit for the short time that i had it.

but i was needing a truck again, so i traded in for a tundra.

came out ahead which was great, showing that the vw does hold its value.

thanks for sweet support here.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Did your friend ever buy a GTI?

Twas good knowing you, you can still stick around even though you've got a truck :p

·
Registered
689 Posts
Awww DUDE! Seriously though, thanks for all the help when I was doing my exhaust. We'll miss yah around here :)

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
You're not going to want to drive that truck EVERYWHERE.... buy a Mk2 or something for a cheap daily ;)

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
He'll be back. Wait till gas goes back to 6 bux a gallon.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
you go from a tiny car to a truck. lol. but if its more convienent for you then hell, why not?

Im sure your gonna miss deh bunnie tho.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
I went from huge jeep to tiny car. Friends thought I was nuts! Took a year and a half for them to accept my rabbit. Of course, now the mustang owners STFU after mr. turbo ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
another one bites the dust
Yeah, but it comes back as ONEHELLOFA new used bunneh for the next RabbitPhreak.

rangers ex-bunneh: C2 tunning, custom intake, custom magnaflow exhaust, TRMotorsport 17" rims, g-force kdw-2, fk angel eyes head lights, short throw shifter link kit, H&R sport cup kit, 27 MM front/rear way bars"\

·
Registered
139 Posts
You could've atleast bought yourself the new dodge ram or ford f-150... lol jokes... whatever floats your boat I guess. But I think you're going to miss the rabbit. Before I bought the rabbit, I had always driven trucks and a jeep (all my parent's). Then I buy myself this little car and am so glad I downsized. Sure sometimes I would like to be in a jeep for when theres deep snow, etc. But really, my rabbit, for me is more practical than any of those vehicles 95+% of the time (easier to park, easier on gas, etc.).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well after the snow last weekend i went to turn to go up a hill here on base and of course this would not happen (even at 10mph) i slid into a sidewalk.

the tr motorsport rims on the pass side were trashed and the left stearing linkage was in a U shape. as well as all the plastics under the car from other issues. they didnt ask if the car was messed up or any thing hell they didnt even look it over. not trying to say i got rid of a problem, it just made me sick to see the shape it was in, and the fact that i put so many miles on it.

but i degress i could have split the car up but other than the exhust and the sway bars there really wasnt any thing that wasnt rusted (not badly or any thing).

i did give my stock head lights a way, i forget the name its the guy that got my 18's months ago. i still have the stock 16's back in SC at home if some wants them i figure 100$ is fair, as well as the stock sway bars.

any way the tundra was just a great deal, got what i was looking for for the car and the tundra was priced to move.

now heres the kicker,

VW credit has not one time for the past, 16-17 months reported that i had or was paying on the rabbit on my credit. so im not sure if i need to call some one or what but this has me worried, in the fact that my credit rating could have been better.
i didnt think i needed to check such a thing but you my want to.

any 4X4ing again is great ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
well i guess we're going to have a new member sooner or later to replace you with your own car JK... hope you enjoy your truck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts