Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**UPDATE, 4/22/12**

I have three rooms booked for Thursday, May 17th - Sunday May 20th at the Country Inn and Suites, which is across the street from where we stayed last year. (or, in the middle of the action).

Each room is $99, before taxes. Each room has 2 queen beds. They serve full breakfast each morning and have snacks available 24/7. They will also be providing a place to wash our cars. I can transfer the rooms when we get down there or those that are going can pay me when we get down there. Since we don't know how many are going and I didn't have to give a deposit we'll worry about it when we get there.

I will reassess the room situation 2 weeks before, if we don't need all three I'll cancel one.

So far, this is the list I have that are either going or undecided.

YES Wed-Sun
Greg (DUSlider)
DJ (djwhiplash2001) + FemaleDJ

YES Thur-Sun

Rusty (russdawg24)
Mark (Luki13)

MAYBE

Rhett

FAIL

Mike2 (DonJuan1Jr) (Versa)

For those of us leaving early Wednesday, May 16th to go to the dragon, I will be booking an apt room at the Deals Gap motorcycle lodge for one night. That looks to be about $120 plus taxes. If there are more than 6 I'll deal with it when I find out. Will deal with payment when we get down there.

For those that plan on going on the Dragon (if you didn't go last year). Make sure you car is in good mechanical working order. Good tires, brakes at 5mm or more, etc etc.

I'll add more info to the main post as I see fit. If you think there needs to be something added to the main post let me know.

·
So Sofistikated
10,617 Posts
OK gregory, thanks for taking care of the arrangements...its def appreciated someone hopped on the details.

Ill be paypalling u this week, for the deals gap thing do u wanna just handle the money for that day of?

Getting the car all ready for the trip is gunna be expensive, but itll happen. Hopefully i, a.dont kill myself and b. dont break down.

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well crap... Looks like the person who took my reservation entered it into the system wrong. She put it in as March 17-20 and not May 17-20. I am positive that I requested May 17-20. I got an email today for the insurance thing and looking at the rental it looks like someone else has requested it for the 17-21st of May...

Not sure what is going to happen now, will keep everyone posted as pricing may change.

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Maybe Dave booked it. I'll get you a deposit (non-refundable) when you know. Not 100% sure I can make it as I need tires and will owe the IRS.

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Cmon by the C2 Booth and say hi :)

This will be my 5th straight year going to SoWo... H2O is pretty awesome but SoWo is my favorite show of the year for sure.
Mention this post and get a free T-shirt?

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, looks like my search for a place continues... fml

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Car camping - FTW

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Jorge, are you seriously going?

The problem with finding somewhere to stay is it seems no one can commit 4 months out. Making it impossible to know how many bodies I need to find beds/rooms for.

I have 4 that said they are pretty much going. Myself, Mike2, DJ and Rusty.

Found poss other place, in town (near the shops, etc, for those that went last year) and about a 10min walk to big daddies (for reference)

**Scratch that, not available anymore...

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well I need to call Country Inn and Suites back tomorrow evening. They are setting more rooms aside for the SoWo attendees. I am reserving three, assuming that they are available. I am assuming the cabin is going to fall through.

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updated main post. I reserved three rooms at the Country Inn and Suites until I find out for sure about the Cabin...

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Need to sell a set of wheels and get tires for the ones I end up keeping. It's too far a drive to go on less than ideal rubber.

What are the rates for the hotel rooms? This is the one across the street from where we satyed last year, right? Looks like the worst case would be for me to come down Friday and head out Sunday...

No Dragon runs :( will save some gas monies.

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rooms are $100 a night plus w/ever taxes. Each room has two queen size beds, hotel provides full breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Will be having an area set aside for washing cars.

Rusty is coming down friday through sunday, so if you are sure you're only doing two nights then we can change one of the rooms to two nights.

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updated main post. Cabin is officially dead. So we have the Country Inn and Suites this year. I haven't reserved the dragon motel yet, will do that next week.

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
I'm gonna do my best to make it for Friday and Saturday

1 - 20 of 226 Posts