Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, here's the official thread for Spring Thaw 2011. It will be held at Southern Worthersee in Helen, GA. SoWo is May 20-22; we're planning on leaving Wednesday, and staying Wednesday night at the Dragon. We have a cabin rented in Helen (about an hour south of the Dragon) for Thursday night through Sunday night. Odds are we'll be at the Dragon on Thursday and roll down to Helen on Thursday evening.

List of people definitely going:
DJ (paid in full)
Greg (paid in full)
Mike2 (paid)
Rusty (paid in full)
Mark (paid in full)

Possibly:
Moose and Emily

Our total for the cabin is about 800 bucks. With 5 people it's 159, but with 7 it becomes 115. We're asking people to pay 115 now, to cover our deposit. If we end up having less than 7, we'll each chip in the difference when we arrive. If we have more than 7, we'll split the refund. Send paypal as a gift to my e-mail: djwhiplash2001 at gmail dot com.

http://www.renthelen.com/vacation-rental-home.asp?PageDataID=24365
This is the cabin. Sleeps 8 - one master bedroom with a queen, another bedroom with 2 queens, and a pullout sleeper sofa. Has a grill, grilling area, fully stocked kitchen, etc. Gonna be awesomeeee.

As always with a trip to the Dragon, PLEASE make sure your brakes and tires are in tip-top shape, and your car is in good running order.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that almost disqualifies me :D

Honestly, who knows if I'll even still have the MkV then. Never know. We'll see how well I can fix it (if that inspires your confidence at all).

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
DJ will roll up in a rental.

Any info for Wednesday night accommodations?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha well, it would be in better condition than it is now.

The MkV will get fixed within the next month... if I feel it's good and safe, and haven't sold it, we'll definitely rock it. But if I'm concerned a bolt is gonna fall out or something, I won't be jeopardizing the trip/our safety.

You just gotta hope I dont get a Miata or S2000 or something.

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Mike2 can ride with me or Greg as well.

BTW - happy fail day!

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Speak up Mike. I can't hear you - lol

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Coil envy?

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
Thot DJ had FK's?

·
Left Blank on Purpose
2,989 Posts
I thought we was talking about my car...but yes fk>RL.
But you aren't bringing your car....

Anyway, back to the trip. DJ - did you verify that there's a kitchen and cooking methods? Are we planning to do some cooking like last year?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think Dave said there was a full kitchen there (I'd expect there to be as well, since it's a house). Not sure if it comes with any pots/pans/etc. I'll talk all that over with Jayson.

1 - 20 of 331 Posts