Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cylinder head repaired and the mechanic doesn't seem to have connected the oil breather pipe next to my oil filler. Do I connect it to my oil breather pipe up to the air filter on top of my carburettor?? 馃檲馃 Not got a clue he's just left the hose hanging!!

Registered
I got my cylinder head repaired and the mechanic doesn't seem to have connected the oil breather pipe next to my oil filler. Do I connect it to my oil breather pipe up to the air filter on top of my carburettor?? 馃檲馃 Not got a clue he's just left the hose hanging!!
on my 70 vw it is

Registered
Thanks
Could you tell me if this wire is positioned wrongly also, I thought it went into the left hand side under the oil filter but they have put it in the front nearly hitting the fly wheel
i rerouted mine behind the carberator and breather fr the same reason, was concerned about it possably rubbing the generator pully, you should have enough slack to re route that way

Registered
oh, it the vaccum advance for the distributor, it uses the vaccum from the engine to advance the spark from the distributor asthe engine speed increases, nowtht i look at yours,it looks like the rubber hose connecting it to the distributor may be frayed or worn out, therubber hose should connect tightly to the tip coming out of the distributor,if itdoesnt can causethecar to run poorly and skip

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
oh, it the vaccum advance for the distributor, it uses the vaccum from the engine to advance the spark from the distributor asthe engine speed increases, nowtht i look at yours,it looks like the rubber hose connecting it to the distributor may be frayed or worn out, therubber hose should connect tightly to the tip coming out of the distributor,if itdoesnt can causethecar to run poorly and skip
Is it in the right place though, if I remember correctly it the other end of it should be positioned up the way and connecting to the left hand side not in the front the way it's positioned? Where can I get new one?

Registered
Is it in the right place though, if I remember correctly it the other end of it should be positioned up the way and connecting to the left hand side not in the front the way it's positioned? Where can I get new one?
it is positioned correctly, it could be bent back a little bit to get it farther away from the generator pulley it need be, but makecsure it doesnt touch the top of the generator where the wires are. the small rubber hose connecting it to the distributor can be bought inany hard ware store or auto parts store

Registered
yes it goes to the air filter

Registered
Thanks
Could you tell me if this wire is positioned wrongly also, I thought it went into the left hand side under the oil filter but they have put it in the front nearly hitting the fly wheel
the generator wire goes straight back and clips to the fan shroud and then back

1 - 18 of 18 Posts