Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Hi, y'all..i'm Terri-a newbie,here. my 82 4 cyl. diesel pickup(a cute lil white rabbit !) has oil in the coolant, & the oil press light beeps, after it warms up a few minutes. i put a lil rev(increase the rpm's just enough), & the light goes away, but i always hav2 do this=at a red light, between shifting-but it seems to run fine..i changed the oil & coolant= still, more oil in coolant & still beepin'- da rabbit seems fine,engine sounds fine, no h20 in the oil..i just bought it=oct.,drove it [email protected]+miles, fm. Penn.=no problems('cept the oil p.lite, & foamy/dark coolant-which he said his mech.said was just residue fm. old fluid b4 rebuild=had 400 rebuild miles on it when i bought it) the old owner gave me reciepts fm. a yr. ago total rebuild=engine,h20 pump,hoses,etc,etc.,..i took it around to 4 diff. diesel guys/co.'s, they say=head gasket, for sure, & maybe MORE serious(block,head,warp??possibly) i am heartbroken,& i NEED this Dub 2 drive 2,=4hr. round tripx2 p.wk. to help my mom w. my dad, who is dying fm. brain cancer= prev. owner said it had been good for him,& he knew mydad's dilemna, & said it was reliable=me/naive?yeah.i still think his mechanic just screwed up the install of the hd. gaskt=just hoping..cz. i cant really afford a major$ job,so rabbit VETERANS,=advise,please??how can i know a mech.wont justSAY it's major job(& not just a head gasket),for the max.profit off of me?anyone know of honest,RELIABLE vw diesel mech.s around the NEW ORLEANS & surround'g. area?? thanks,again..what's the opinion on the oil in coolant/head gask., & oil press. light issues??Hopefully, i can fix it,& putt down the road a few hundred thousand miles afterward.:drive:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts