Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just purchased used Tiguan. After I left my garage I saw oils on the floor. Oil comes from front passenger side about 4 inches from right front tire. Oil color is dark brown/light brown. I have appointments with service in few days but I am trying to learn VW system too I just wish to know where to start looking for leak or where to start process. Thank you so much. It’s 2011 Se 4Motion

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2009 Tiguan SE AWD with 144k miles. About 15 months ago I had to replace the Camshaft Seals and the Rear Main Seal to eliminate the oil leaks. While we were at it, also replaced were the water pump (the leaking camshaft seal got oil onto the pump which then dissolved the water pump gasket), the valves were cleaned (residue accumulates on the back side of the valves and affects performance) and I had a torn CV Boot. With that and a few other repairs I put $3200 in the front end. I love the vehicle and will keep it on the road to 200k if economically feasible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2009 Tiguan SE AWD with 144k miles. About 15 months ago I had to replace the Camshaft Seals and the Rear Main Seal to eliminate the oil leaks. While we were at it, also replaced were the water pump (the leaking camshaft seal got oil onto the pump which then dissolved the water pump gasket), the valves were cleaned (residue accumulates on the back side of the valves and affects performance) and I had a torn CV Boot. With that and a few other repairs I put $3200 in the front end. I love the vehicle and will keep it on the road to 200k if economically feasible.
I'm happy to read this. I have the same model at 83K. If mine can make it to 144K without major repairs, I'll be happy. It is a fun car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts