Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dying to tell you just how good this year's show was. I wish I really felt that. I really do. This year was a bit of a let down if I'm honest. Upon entering the convention hall behind horridly slow patrons and dim witted temp employees, I glanced at the floor map to decide where I should start. I was actually looking for the nearest rest room as I was practically bursting since I left the parking garage but anyhoo, I noticed the show was smaller than last year. It only took up two floors of the convention center. Pondering this, I made my way to the men's room which was off of the DUB traveling exhibition. Let me just say that the bathroom was the best part of that area. The hordes of foolish teens and assorted trashiness were transfixed on the glistening chrome, dazzling lights, and pounding bass. I walked around amongst them, completely disgusted at nearly everything I saw. There were chintzy decorations and boy racer accouterments as far as you could see. Well, not really. I did say this show was smaller. It only filled half the ground floor of the building. Meh. Looking to relieve my mind from the baller status wannabe lexus sedans and ghetto-fied camaros and impalas, I ventured upstairs after procuring the necessity of all things whilst in philadelphia........a pretzel. Soft, salty, snacking perfection in hand, I entered upon the BMW display and was greeted by the ugliest car in the country next to the Nissan Juke and Honda Crosstour. Yes, boys and girls, the X6. This one happened to be in "M" guise which made it all the more horrifying because it was actually trying to convince you it had any true performance capabilities. Fools that were impressed by the display downstairs were already circling it, gawking like it was the holy grail. Annoyed by the blatant ignorance I continued on. I didn't bother looking much at Mercedes as it attracted the same clientele as the aforementioned atrocity but I must say that I fancy myself a GLK. It's a great, solid looking compact SUV with sharp, clean lines and a marvelous stance. I would probably buy one second hand though. From there, I ignored the offerings from Acura and Lexus. Infiniti received my apathy as well. If I want a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan, I'll buy one and save the money. *sigh* I walked about, with nothing much new to feast my eyes upon when I saw the first star of the evening. It blended in with its brethren so well, I nearly didn't notice. Thank God that badge caught my eye. The image of the scorpion excited me and I moved quicker towards it. Glory and praise be, it's the Fiat 500 ABARTH. ZOMG NEED. If you are worth your salt, and I hope you are, you know how completely awesome this car is and how cool it is that our country can finally has. I geeked out on it for a good fifteen minutes and then was smacked in the face by the sight of a truly sexy shape. The Range Rover Evoque is simply superb. The design was pure art and I couldn't find a bad angle on it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts