Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have been paying Pbucket for years for the increased bandwidth for linking.
It appears that they have instituted a new "Terms of Service" that is causing me and a few other million users some grief.
I will be porting all my images to a new service and discontinuing my association with bucket, and will have to be editing all my how to's to
the new site. Sorry for the temporary beeee essss. I will not be going through individual posts that I have done as that would be a never ending chore while I am sorry if individual threads loose their pictures, I am going to diligently re-edit all my how to's that usually have the same photos anyways.

I love how companies change their "Terms of Service" to increase revenue, but when they tick off paying customers, and lose them, they all will be pointing fingers at each other over their quarterly numbers in the red......

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seems like some greedy "corporation" took over fotophucket and decided to $crew everybody. I copied all my pics from there and will find another site.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yep, the Chevy HHR forum I am on, all the pictures went down because of that.
However, they put all their graphics on PB, including their forum headers, and
clickable menu items, and it TOTALLY wrecked the site... I mean, I do web pages,
and I host all the graphics locally. I never, EVER build web sites and use off site
image hosting. I FTP the graphics to a "graphics" folder, and link right to them,
thus none of my sites have ever had image outages.

Right now I am using Servimg for forum posrting.. Still working... I can
use my GoDaddy host and link to them, I have unlimited space, but but
a place like Servimg provides you with all the links once you upload the
images...

You can get many free cloud accounts, and get links to images as well, from
your cloud storage...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts