Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 VW Tiguan with 11,000 miles on it. I just noticed today that my passenger side front tire has a bubble in it. I didn’t buy the tire warranty from the dealership. What are my options on what to do, help! The tires are scorpion Pirelli

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 VW Tiguan with 11,000 miles on it. I just noticed today that my passenger side front tire has a bubble in it. I didn’t buy the tire warranty from the dealership. What are my options on what to do, help! The tires are scorpion Pirelli
I would go to a shop that sells them and get a replacement.You may need two as the one with the 11k may have too much wear.Unfortunately I don't think you have any other choice.You can check to see if there is any manufacturers warranty on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sidewall bubbles are caused by impacts by hitting potholes, curbs, etc. The internal air starts to leak into the carcass of the tire and cause the bulge. It is not safe to drive with the bulge as it could blow and you may loose control. I know it is not what you want to hear but be prepared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts