Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so at a full stop Auto Hold off, I accelerate, and the car sputters as if it wants to turn off. As if I was driving a manual and tried taking of on 3rd gear or as if I didn't know how to drive a manual. Mine is a 2011 2.0T Automatic, after that it goes back to the smoothest shifting in the world. Only way to avoid it seems if I hit the gas pretty hard then the car jumps and goes lol but I'm not a crazy driver. I sometimes want to just take off normal and I get that chocking feeling. I doubt its normal and its making me crazy. any insight o info please.!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you might have the low pressure fuel pump failing or the highpressure fuel pump starting to fail or short out. Usually this will throw a low fuel pressure error code etc. either on the high or the low pressure side. There is a recall for this issue but those are the exampt symptoms if that is your cause.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never had to do a recall? So how do I go about getting it done? Do I need to take it to VW and pay the inspection fee to see what it is for sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, you have to agree to pay the inspection fee at the dealership and they will proceed. I had to call VW customer service as the "stealership" wanted to replace the high pressure fuel pump and bill me for that and then see if that fixed the problem....

so you may have to squeak a little bit to get some oil...lol.
Of course it might be the high pressure fuel pump failing as a common fix/failure on vw 2.oT engine and if you have a few miles on it probably best to replace the pvc valve also and then take it to the dealership perhaps.

You can take it to an independent dealership but you have to pay 1st and then submit for reimbursement...and parts might be hard to find as on back order.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO you recommend me to change the high pressure fuel pump out of pocket and then take it to the VW dealer? But if its covered under a recall why would I?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2010 cc ..I'm currently having an issue with my car idle. When I start up my car the rpm after it goes up it goes to low and sometimes the car dies or if I go reverse after starting up the car it dies as well I have to accelerate for it not to die. Now is getting worse as I'm driving and I completely stop it shake a bit and dies don't want it to get worse any ideas ...?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I have a 2010 cc ..I'm currently having an issue with my car idle. When I start up my car the rpm after it goes up it goes to low and sometimes the car dies or if I go reverse after starting up the car it dies as well I have to accelerate for it not to die. Now is getting worse as I'm driving and I completely stop it shake a bit and dies don't want it to get worse any ideas ...?

thanks in advance
Which model is your cc? 1.8 TSI or 2.0 TSI?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts