Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1.4 Polo Match 1.4 16 valve 2008 model that we bought from my daughter. When the weather is hot and the car has been sitting in the sun for any length of time it takes a long time to start. The fuel pump is running ok when the ignition is switched on.
I've had an auto electrician check the obd port and there's no fault codes coming up.
The plugs are new NGK's. I've run the fuel down to quarter full and added a bottle of Forte fuel cleaner and run the car until the fuel light comes on then filled with Shell V Power petrol. It's made no difference at all. The car runs fine once it's started and starts first time once it's been running. There's no sign of any fuel leaks or smell of fuel.
It seems like the fuel thats in the fuel rail could be evaporating in the heat resulting in fuel needing to be pumped into it to fuel the injectors. Is there any way of checking the fuel pressure via the OBD?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I have a 1.4 Polo Match 1.4 16 valve 2008 model that we bought from my daughter. When the weather is hot and the car has been sitting in the sun for any length of time it takes a long time to start. The fuel pump is running ok when the ignition is switched on.
I've had an auto electrician check the obd port and there's no fault codes coming up.
The plugs are new NGK's. I've run the fuel down to quarter full and added a bottle of Forte fuel cleaner and run the car until the fuel light comes on then filled with Shell V Power petrol. It's made no difference at all. The car runs fine once it's started and starts first time once it's been running. There's no sign of any fuel leaks or smell of fuel.
It seems like the fuel thats in the fuel rail could be evaporating in the heat resulting in fuel needing to be pumped into it to fuel the injectors. Is there any way of checking the fuel pressure via the OBD?

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI there, I'm experiencing the same problem on my 2012 polo 1.4, did you ever find the solution perhaps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts