Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Allspace has an issue, since someone manually close the tailgate, ( the close button is not obvious if you need reading glasses, black on black ). Now it will not power close, press the button and nothing happens. When you open it it only open a few inches, and if you press the tailgate release again it will only move a few more inches. I have tried to set the open height (press and hold the tailgate close button until you hear a beep), but this has not effect. Still won't close and opens increments. I am guessing I need to reset something, has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Open all the way manually then hold the button until two beeps or two flashes from tail lights it should work adter that
Thanks for the reply, I have tried this, and it sets (double beep) but it will not close. If I manually close it, it will lock but when I press the release it will only open a few inches. I have also noticed if I lock the car with the tailgate is closed, if I touch the tailgate release, nto every time, but it gives a double beep, and stays locked, thankfully. I have now taken it to a mechanic and OBD reports B140A4B - central locking Excess Temp. Tested the power struts which are functioning in spec. It appears the controller has been damaged. Currently in the UK there is a 2-3 month lead time for a replacement module. I have had other electric issues with the car in the last year and have decided to replace the car. A Tiguan Life, with less electrickary to go wrong, cross fingures. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts