Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Fahrvergnugen
6,776 Posts
Does the ECSTuning box contain something for this car?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
that looks a lot like Kiser's garage... I have apparently been out of the "loop" or not paid enough attention on this forum lately!!1 :eek:

Wow that is a low milage car for it's age! Can't wait to see the results! When I had an '88 Golf I wanted those headlights soooo freaking bad. They were pretty expensive back in '90-'91 though.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I got my annual bonus last week... today I decided to go "shopping" for the MK2.... muhahaha! Purchased in the last 24 hours:
Wheels and tires
Bentley manual
Shift boot replacement
Clear tails
Clear turn signals (to complement the clear banana lights, already purchased)
Hood antenna delete
Hatch struts
Door handle replacements
And a few other little doodads from ihatestickers.com

As the great Ron Burgundy once said, "hey-ooooh! Let the games begin!"

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We decided on some simple wheels, but nothing pricey. I mean, we have a house, bills, a wedding, and three little boys to pay for. :) This isn't going to be a show car, just OEM+ for the most part. As for the sidemarkers, I've always wanted to do clear. I think they'll look really good with the paint color (a cool dark teal) and wheels (which are light in color.) Everyone always does smoked/blacked out.... it's overdone. This is where the girly side of me wants to try something aesthetically "pretty" but also different.

One of the things we're having trouble deciding is paint color. The car definitely needs to be repainted. I found some pics of a MK2 in our OEM color, all freshly waxed, and it's nice. The OEM color (Capri green) is rare. But, we were also entertaining the idea of going slightly darker and matte too. Who knows.

A pleasant surprise: this car was given to us with all new plugs, plug wires, air filter. The radiator is almost immaculate. Hoses are in great shape. Timing belt looks good from what we can see. (If I remember from my other MK2s, 65k miles is about when it starts to go.) The weather stripping and rubber door liners are soft, pliable, no cracks. The inside is like a time machine- 1991 with a layer of dust. It's going to sparkle with a little attention. <3

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.