Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I thought I would ask here if anyone have had similar problem or knows what is wrong. When I drive on highway to work (~100km, 120km/h) car works normally. When I exit highway and stop for the red lights and start accelerating again I get error: oil pressure, Engine off, check oweners manual and warning sound and red oil can symbol comes on. This will stay if I keep driving but if I turn engine off for ~10min it is gone. This have happened 3 times and 2 of them was in exactly same spot (red lights and slight uphill).

Car works fine and there is no any weird sounds and I added more oil (just below max), but it didn't help. Maybe some sensor's fault? I am taking the car to maintance read error codes, but they suspected that might not see anything if there is no lights on during error code reading and engine light have not been on.

Car:
-08 Golf variant 189 000km 1.4tsi
-Last maintance was 175 000km

All help and thoughts are appriciated. Thanks!

EDIT: just "oil pressure" not "high oil pressure"

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The oil pump pressure relief valve is designed to allow pressure to bleed off.
If this valve gets stuck it can force the pump to work at full pressure.

High engine oil pressure can cause severe engine damage such as oil pump
drive failure, and oil filter failure.

It can also be a bad sensor/sending unit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get it checked over, but like the above said, it is also possible that the sensor is buggered. I've had a similar issue with my previous MINI. Used to always come up with check engine light, but garage could never find anything and the car ran perfectly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts