1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
need help with Caddy 1981 fuse diagram I posted picture
need to know were's the turn signal flasher relay

thanks
CF
I dug out the Bentley for this one and had to turn it upside down to make things make sense.

If I have it figured correctly the turn signal relay is the same as the emergency flashers. The big black one in the upper right hand corner of your picture. Try the hazards first and if they work then try the turn signals. If they don't work you may be looking at the switch under the steering wheel. But before you go yanking that take the cover off the bottom of the steering wheel and perhaps you can unplug and replug the longer black strip onto its pins. While there snug up all of them you can see. Headlights, wiper, and signals. Doesn't sound like the ignition plug is the problem but might try to seat it on better too.

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
If the 4-way flashers work, but the turns don't then that is usually a fuse issue, if the turns work but the flashers/hazards don't that is also a fuse issue they use two fuses for the things one for the flashers (lower number) and one for the turns (higher number).

You need to down load Chris's electric pages.

http://chris.chemidl.in/vw-wiring-diagram-pdf-1982-1983-1984/

Oh, and a Generic or a Wagner signal flasher won't work.

Section 3 is for caddy's
Moved your post to the older Rabbit forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same fuse box in my ‘81 pickup. I just got the truck and it’s missing the flasher relay. Is 111953227D or 1H0953227 the flasher relay I should be looking for?... where is a good source for new ones? I know generic and Wagner are no good, but what are good brands other than OEM?... I’m finding Meyle, Uro and some other random German brands. I’m pretty sure Uro stuff is junk. Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Is 111953227D or 1H0953227 the flasher relay I should be looking for?... where is a good source for new ones?
Any chance you have a local yard you can pull one from? Our junk yards, ehm Salvage Yards, cost ya 5 to get in and that applies to any purchases that day. Most relays are only 2 to 5 bucks.

You already know most replacements are not going to last like OEM. So go find one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any chance you have a local yard you can pull one from? Our junk yards, ehm Salvage Yards, cost ya 5 to get in and that applies to any purchases that day. Most relays are only 2 to 5 bucks.

You already know most replacements are not going to last like OEM. So go find one.
I plan on doing that this weekend. Which relay is the correct one, so I know what cars it came in?

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
www.cabby-info.com has the relay part numbers. most any flasher from a like year will work ie: Passat, Jetta, 84-89 Golf, Cabriolet from 79-93.

VW #111953227D, 191953227A;1H0953227 Meyle #1009530012

cabby-info.com covers all things Cabriolet, but the Cabby was Euro based and not Westy based some things are similar but most electrical are different as they are westy's...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts