Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from the VW dealership and I put down a deposit on a 2008 2-Door Rabbit S in Shadow Blue. It is located at another dealer so they need to go pick it up, but I should have it by next week and I am BEYOND excited. Here is what I paid:

Options: Automatic Transmission, 16" Alloy Wheels
Price: 17,300 after Options
Final Price (After TT&L): 19,030

So how did I do?

I cannot wait to post pictures of it when I get it.
Shadow Blue is such a sexy color!

:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

·
Registered
84 Posts
ABOUT TIME!! I know you've been posting on here a while. Nice to see you take the plunge. Congrats on the new car.:clap:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
WOOHOO! Finally! It's hard to be patient when you find *that car*. I'm not familiar with the pricing on the 08s, but it looks like you did okay.

Regardless, you're going to be so happy with this car, it's ridiculous. You'll love it. I'm (and I think we all are) very happy for you.

Good luck, and don't forget the pics!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats!! That wait's gonna seem like forever :)
I love my new Rabbit. It's weird, but I never expected to like a car as much as I do my Rabbit.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really want to take it out and DRIVE it.

Test drives aren't really driving the car to its full potential.
I want to get on the highway, windows down, music up.
And I know the Rabbit will enjoy it as well.

I will keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jesus Christ finaly lolz now you can come down to the meets caesars bay & canarsie piers = ]

·
Registered
157 Posts
ohh and maybe ull be able to attend fall Show & Go at englishtown NJ

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh didn't know there was a meet/event at Englishtown.
This is so awesome.

Gotta see if the dealer will turn on the remote windows down feature for me.

Any other vag-com options I should ask them for that are good to have?
I could always find someone with a vag-com, but maybe they'll do it for me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats on the shadow blue! You are REALLY going to love your car (and this will be the longest week ever!) I had planned on a SB 2dr, but the wait time on a manual was insane... then I drove the BU, and, well, never gave it back! Can't wait to see pics!

·
ROC Moderator
2,637 Posts
They probly WONT do anything with VAG at the dealer. Especially turning of the daytime running lights. But congrats on the Rabbit man.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the shadow blue! You are REALLY going to love your car (and this will be the longest week ever!) I had planned on a SB 2dr, but the wait time on a manual was insane... then I drove the BU, and, well, never gave it back! Can't wait to see pics!
I know you already have BU, but I hope they ran a dealer locate for you. The dealership I went to was in NJ and they did a dealer locate for NY, NJ and PA. If your dealer would have done that for you they would've found the showroom model at my dealer. It was a 2-door SB manual. That is really weird.

Thanks guys!
I am so excited!!

·
Still Plays with Cars
1,271 Posts
Congrat's, finally a nice new car for mdonders. :clap:

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good thing we have that clapping emote!

Thanks for all the love guys.
Such a great community we have here!

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok well I am going to have to wait a bit longer than I thought. The dealer search they ran came up with cars, but those were already sold by the time they contacted the other dealer about them.

I am going to wait a bit longer on shadow blue and we shall see what happens. He also said that if a shadow blue comes in with the hub caps that they will swap them out for a rabbit's 16" mags that is on the lot.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so after a lot of searching and looking I finally decided on reflex silver.
Shadow Blue kept turning up empty leads and sales under our nose.

Should be getting it Saturday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts