Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Volkswagen Beetle. It was my dream car now it's a nightmare.
I bought it in running condition so far I have changed the following in September 2019
Timing Belt
Alternator
Struts
Brakes...... oil/air filters.... regular maintenance stuff.
I just hit 200 000km
It started running a general misfire code
P3000
So I took it to the vw shop .... it feels like the engine is stalling between 3rd 4th and 5th gear when I give it gas the engine starts the lag almost dies.
So my mechanic has changed the following with no luck.
Fuel filter, all spark plugs, all coils, O2 sensor, vacuum line, new gaskets, new fuel, the list goes on and on. We're looking at a new air flow master sensor. I am at my wit's end.
The compression test on the engine is ok.....

Has anyone here run into this engine problem?
And ideas..... im $2000-$2500 in for parts now.
I'm losing my mind.
Any ideas???
Anyone want to buy a beetle in NORTHERN AB for parts lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
At this point..... the whole engine is being tore down and rebuilt 馃槶馃槶馃槶

Registered
Sorry to hear you're going through all this. Hearing from a mechanic regarding the New Beetle, they're a pain and expensive to work on due to the compactness of the front engine configuration plus all the electronics and sensors involved.

Registered
I have a 2000 Volkswagen Beetle. It was my dream car now it's a nightmare.
I bought it in running condition so far I have changed the following in September 2019
Timing Belt
Alternator
Struts
Brakes...... oil/air filters.... regular maintenance stuff.
I just hit 200 000km
It started running a general misfire code
P3000
So I took it to the vw shop .... it feels like the engine is stalling between 3rd 4th and 5th gear when I give it gas the engine starts the lag almost dies.
So my mechanic has changed the following with no luck.
Fuel filter, all spark plugs, all coils, O2 sensor, vacuum line, new gaskets, new fuel, the list goes on and on. We're looking at a new air flow master sensor. I am at my wit's end.
The compression test on the engine is ok.....

Has anyone here run into this engine problem?
And ideas..... im $2000-$2500 in for parts now.
I'm losing my mind.
Any ideas???
Anyone want to buy a beetle in NORTHERN AB for parts lol
Unfortunately, it sounds as though your mechanic is very deficient in the diagnosis department, and is costing you a fortune because of that. It takes knowledge, thinking, planning and testing to work on vehicles in this situation, and from your description he is hoping, guessing and changing parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts